Maya Plugins loading error?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2013   #1
Question Maya Plugins loading error?

Hi guys! I've been having some plugin trouble with the student edition of Maya 2013 and though you might be able to help!

Any plugin I try to add either does not show up at all or if you browse for plugins, it is grayed out, even if you switch to all files available, you can select it with this option but it doesn't load. I get this error:

// Warning: file: /Applications/Autodesk/maya2013/Maya.app/Contents/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 668: Could not load /Users/animatoring/Desktop/dkAnim-v0.7-.mel as a plug-in

Anyone had any luck loading plugins in Maya on mac? Thanks!

Old 07 July 2013   #2
Sorry if I misunderstand your description of the problem, but a .mel file is not a plugin.
To run it you would usually just open the scriptEditor window and type

source "dkAnim-v0.7-.mel";
dkAnim;

If you put it in your scripts folder you dont need to put the path. And how you run it can vary from script to script. Most people (nice ones at least) will have put some info in the file which tells you how to use it. Open in a text editor and have a look.

David

Old 07 July 2013   #3
Re:

Thanks David! Haha I feel really stupid sometimes asking things like this on forums but at least I know the difference between a plugin and a script now. xD I think that's where I was getting confused... I kept trying to load scripts like plugins and none would work. Thanks again! : )

Old 07 July 2013   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread