portfolio
Lillian Young
Mgr, Video and Animation
Confidential
New York, USA

Maya for Motion Graphics Tutorials?

I finally have identified what I want skill I want to build and master. This:

http://unitedmotions.com/

But when it comes to Maya to After Effects tutorials, they're scarce, right? I know the popular thing is Cinema 4D, but I would prefer getting better at something I am good at vs. being mediocre at both.

I want good tutorials (not random YouTube ones, but focused, full professional online courses) on compositing for motion graphics from Maya to After Effects.

The United Motions work looks intimidating, but anything can be broken down, understood and achieved. I don't understand why Maya artists are being ignored for this type of work by professional subscription sites.

Does anyone else understand my position?

Old 07-10-2013, 11:19 PM   #2
SePu
Expert

portfolio
Hernan S
Senior 3D / VFX Artist
Sony Entertainment
San Francisco, USA

Send a message via AIM to SePu
Get Mash plus Soup ... the have a bunch of tutorials in their site on how to use their tools

Old 07-11-2013, 12:54 AM   #3
lilnyc
Veteran
portfolio
Lillian Young
Mgr, Video and Animation
Confidential
New York, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SePu
Get Mash plus Soup ... the have a bunch of tutorials in their site on how to use their tools

Thank you. I've recently heard of Mash, but I think that's an alternative to Cinema 4D's mograph for particle-like effects it seems.

I am hoping to find recent tutorials on creating the type of motion graphics like broadcast bumpers from United Motions for instance, Digital Tutors has a ports motion graphics for Cinema 4D tutorial, a text motion graphics tutorial for Maya (which doesn't make sense because Maya is the worst for text) and other tutorials for rendering multi-passes from Maya to After Effects with camera tracking (very complicated scenes). So that leaves someone at a learning stage kind of trying to piece this all together to figure out how to do something that could be simple.

All I hope to find are some tutorials creating sports opens/entertainment bumpers style motion graphics animations just like United Motions.

For now, I am referencing YouTube's array of offerings while the two sites I pay for aren't helping much.

Last edited by lilnyc : 07-11-2013 at 01:17 AM.

Old 07-11-2013, 12:54 AM   #4
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread