Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 07-02-2013, 02:30 PM   #1
botsnbeff
Bob Lanphere
Western Piedmont Community College
Morganton, USA

Geometry disappears when exporting Mental Ray proxy

Please Help. I have a model of a city that I purchased from a third party site. I need to add trees and cars and other such things. In order to avoid a scene with a ton of geometry I decided to use Mental Ray Proxies. I have used Proxies a few times in the past with great success. I have recently switched from Maya 2013 to Maya 2014. As an example: I will export a tree as a proxy assembly and my whole city disappears. The objects (buildings) still appear in the outliner and the Poly Count Window. I changed my camera clip plane and still don't see the objects. There are two elements that don't disappear - the ocean and the mountains. The only thing that looks different is the city contains Namespace and the Ocean and Mountains don't. I tried exporting a single building in the city scene and re-importing that building without Namespace and it still disappears when I export the Mental Ray Proxy. What is going on? I can work around it by creating the Proxies in a separate scene and then importing the city, but what if I forget one element and need to create another Proxy? Please Help. Thanks.

Old 07-02-2013, 02:30 PM   #2
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread