Maya rotates joint by itself (Issue)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2013   #1
Maya rotates joint by itself (Issue)

So, I have a rig of a bust and this is my second time redoing half of my controls because after saving and having no problem, I'll look down and see that one of my controls is off to the left of where I put it. I click the control, it has no rotations and translations, all 0. I click the joint that it's parent constrained to and it has an x rotation of 90 even though I froze it and had it at 0 earlier.

What baffles me is not only do I not touch this joint or any of the controls, but when I saved, everything was perfect. Then I continue working on the rig, adding controls and such, I look down, and there it is. The problem manifests by itself, so, without saving, I go back one filesave iteration, where I remember everything was perfect, and what do you know, the same problem is in the previous save, even though when I saved, it was perfect.

This problem is preposterous. Has anyone heard of Maya changing rotation on joints and throwing the controls out of place by itself before?

It should also be noted that while the joint has a rotation, the joints further down its chain haven't been rotated. Only the control has moved from it's original position and the joint now shows a default value of 90 instead of 0.

Old 07 July 2013   #2
I'm not sure if this is the problem but in the translate tool options make sure Automatically Orient Joints is unchecked. It's on by default now and it can be very annoying.

Old 07 July 2013   #3
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread