Transparent faces issue uploading model to secondlife

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2013   #1
Transparent faces issue uploading model to secondlife

Hello! I'm just learning Maya making sword of some tutorial so I have modeled sword, I have made a UV map and texture in photoshop. All looks fine in Maya but when I did upload sword to secondlife it look wierd there. It looks like inner faces are textured and outside are transparent. I remember that I had the problem making boat in 3D Max and uploading to SL but I don't remember how I did fix it. Any help?

All smart answers or stupid but funny appricated ;D

And speaking serious again ... do you know any game art online school, course, tutorial in price up to about $1000 per semester worth its money?

Greetings!
Viper

Old 06 June 2013   #2
Make sure your sword normals are facing the right way. You can check by going to: Display>Polygons>Face Normals. The little green lines should be pointing outward. If not: Normals>Reverse. If you have a mix of normals facing outward and inward: Normals> Conform. If your ploys look weird and black after any of these steps: Normals>Unlock Normals.

As far a school, there are a few big schools, Gnomon, Full Sail, The Art Institute. Many of which probably charge more than 1k a semester. You could look into online training, such as Digital Tutors. Their training is well formatted, and it's much cheaper than 1k for a year subscription. I belive Gnomon has an online school as well, I'm not sure what they charge.

gibby3d.com

Old 06 June 2013   #3
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread