Maya Axis

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2013   #1
Maya Axis

Hello, I am quite new to Maya so you'll have to excuse me if I'm saying something which to you may be quite obvious.

I need a bit of help with my axis on Maya. The Axis is actually off tilt and this makes modelling a real challenge. If you could take one minute out of your day to view this video (which is one minute or so) explaining the problem then respond to this with any relevant topic i.e. help, then that would be great:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s5YbbKcDgo

If you don't want to click on the link then i'll do my best to explain the situation. When clicking on an object to move it, the axis I am shown appears rotated slightly to the side. For example, if we have the plane "[+]" the axis offers to move not this way: -->, but instead a diagonal version of that direction.

Old 06 June 2013   #2
You most likely rotated your entire object selected as a component (edge/verts/face) instead of rotating it in object mode. Each object has a local axis that is different from the world axis. You can change what axis the move/rotate/scale tool uses in the tool options (middle button of 3 buttons at the top left). Hope that is what you meant, I can't be sure because you have removed the video.

Old 06 June 2013   #3
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread