can we work from home if we work for less time

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2013   #1
can we work from home if we work for less time

can we work from home if we work for less time.i.e. i can work for 6hour 45 minutes to 7hours 15minutes. though i think i can no also work for 8 hours but not.
thanks.

Old 05 May 2013   #2
depends on your employer, and if you can really work from home

Old 05 May 2013   #3
is 8 hours enough

is 8 hours enough.

thanks.

Old 05 May 2013   #4
Originally Posted by TD25: is 8 hours enough.

thanks.

Are you trying to moonlight on top of a day job?

I guess it depends on the type of work you do. One of difficulties with working from home is that many projects may require non disclosure agreements and companies are less likely to risk the break of said agreements by allowing an employee to work from home where they have less control over who has access to or can see what you are working on.

And if you are trying to moonlight.. the problem is that eventually one of your clients will want more work out of you than you had planned and there will be a conflict between that job and the other job. Unless both clients are very flexible my advice is to proceed with caution.

Old 05 May 2013   #5
If you have a full time job, I would say that you only take on very light jobs on the outside. Jobs that can be finished off in a couple of days max. Also, only take on (extra) jobs that you're supremely confident of completing.

Anything more than that and you can get yourself in a sticky situation. Clients expect changes and constant feedback and you cannot give them that if you are at your primary job.

Mostly you'll be submitting the work late at night, receiving feedback during the day and then keep the client waiting till you get back home to make the changes, and then send those again late at night. Clients, understandably, do not like this process as it is quite slow.

You might attempt risking doing the work at your main job, but really, do not keep this as an option as it could get you fired.

Old 05 May 2013   #6
There's more and more weird questions on cgtalk, and some of them are even too weird to bother to answer.

\dude, let's relativate *(what is a bit vague): ask your client for a deadline, then ask him for the money, and accordingly to the payment you'll deliver the proposed quality which on the other side will depend on your skill level.
If you have no experience, what your post suggests, then you might sit 16hrs or longer a day. (depending if you do tvc or feature and what you do).
If you have 10 yrs. experience you'll prob. deliver double the quality in half the time and program some stuff aside.
That all counts for freelance.

If you're fixed contract worker and you have to work from home for some reason, the employee will give you a time, mostly that's 10hrs workdays for tvc studios.
and 8hrs for feature studios.

Out of my own experience.
But usually I worked in tvc 11hrs and 14-16hrs on crunch time or longer.
and feature constantly 8hrs. (but recently I just go home after 8hrs, because everything longer is fail management).

just my 2 cents.

Old 05 May 2013   #7
oh I didn't understood the question, well how, if it's formulated like a 5 year old.

Sorry but from now on and in the future I'll post harsh on cgtalk, cause some people just need that.

A side job, to a main job? I worked 40 hrs. week, studied aside and worked on cg at night.. stupid question, if you do a lot of cocaine it's doable. just stop sleeping and do drugs.
But that also depends on your stamina.

what a weird question, asking other people of one self is able to work cg at night?

Old 05 May 2013   #8
can i make videos

i can work for 8 hours.

can i make videos and collect a donation. i.e. videos from previous tutorial all mixed.like dragon which is not there anywhere(though one blender one is there)..hy dont people make videos and earn money who have to compete with 20 people.rather they can give it to less than million people and earn money.

how to make a donation box.though i can ask for donation box from yahoo.

thanks.

Old 05 May 2013   #9
Anything is possible Sunny. Some people made video of cat and get paid by google. Now they are rich.

Old 05 May 2013   #10
Originally Posted by TD25: i can work for 8 hours.

can i make videos and collect a donation. i.e. videos from previous tutorial all mixed.like dragon which is not there anywhere(though one blender one is there)..hy dont people make videos and earn money who have to compete with 20 people.rather they can give it to less than million people and earn money.

how to make a donation box.though i can ask for donation box from yahoo.

thanks.

There is no formula for what you are asking for.

You could try to create unique content and put it on youtube with adverts and hope to generate money. If what you create is good or funny and lots of people want to look at it you might make a living doing it.

Old 05 May 2013   #11
for what its worth i work 8hrs at day job go home an work till 12 on light projects an on larger projects i can be up till the next day then go into the day job not easy but when you get paid from both its worth it, but like eikonoklastes said you have to super confidant you can pull of the job if not your going to make a bad name for your self fast takes time to build up a home work flow an skill set to do what your clients ask for, and yes they want to know whats going on even while your at your day job. make sure if your going to do freelance that all you will be doing if you think the project is large see if u can parse out the payment an get some help client are paying for a finish product.

Old 05 May 2013   #12
Yes I'm really not sure what the point of this question is?

When I first got into computer graphics pretty much every waking moment was dedicated to it. That was 20 years ago.. now a days I don't usually work more than 9-10 hrs a day but last year I had some 16 hr days.

Old 05 May 2013   #13
digital tutors

why does digital tutors not make rigging of hollywood style.

thanks.

Old 05 May 2013   #14
cartoon type rigging

i have now done more than 35 tutorials.Of which eight are non biped.plus transformer.

I have not done cloth, muscles and hair.

how much computers they used to render.

where does cartoon (bendy) rig come in use specially hands and legs.

software maya.

thanks.

Old 05 May 2013   #15
writen there

it is written on freelancer website you have to work for 9 to 5 gigs.

thanks.

Thread Closed share thread