CGTalk > Software Specific Forums > Autodesk Maya
To minimize the ads you see on this page create a CGTalk account and log in HERE
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 05-13-2013, 08:07 PM   #1
JFly
portfolio
Joe
No chance, Canada

Question Need a hand determining how acheive this hair style

Hey everyone,
I've run into a recent project where my objective is to create an animation with similar style hair to whats shown in this web-series. Are there any particular plugins that could help me achieve this look or can this be achieved all through creating maps? If its through maps, providing some technical instruction would be extremely helpful (I'm still a bit new to Maya). If you need any more information I will happily respond!

Thanks so much!

Old 05-15-2013, 09:05 AM   #2
benio33
portfolio
Maciej Benczarski
Lead FX TD
Platige Image
Poland

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFly
Hey everyone,
I've run into a recent project where my objective is to create an animation with similar style hair to whats shown in this web-series. Are there any particular plugins that could help me achieve this look or can this be achieved all through creating maps? If its through maps, providing some technical instruction would be extremely helpful (I'm still a bit new to Maya). If you need any more information I will happily respond!

Thanks so much!

No plugins needed. Model the hair as normal poly object with as even mesh as possible at the tPose of a character, convert mesh to nCloth and point to surface constraint it to a head. Then setup nCloth to suit correct look, run the sim and you're done. Piece of cake.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:38 PM   #3
egglybagelface
Maya Sloth
portfolio
eggly bagelface
Sydney, AU

I can't believe I watched 2 minutes of that.

For your punishment I'm not giving an answer.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:38 PM   #4
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread