CGTalk > Software Specific Forums > Autodesk Maya
To minimize the ads you see on this page create a CGTalk account and log in HERE
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 04-12-2013, 12:46 AM   #1
badsearcher
Wizard

portfolio
George T
Filmmaker
Los Angeles, USA

Hotkey settings for extra key keyboards

Hello, I have a Corsair K90 which as you can see from the photo in the link has 18 additional keys than a standard keyboard. I would like to assign Maya commands to these keys (so that I don't have to alter my present hotkey settings) but when I go into Maya and press any of the keys in the hotkey editor, nothing registers.

Does anyone have any experience trying to get Maya to register these hotkeys or perhaps know of a workaround?

Right now, the only workaround I can think of (haven't tested it though) is going to the keyboard utility and assigning letters (such as letters that have umlauts) to the additional keys and then hoping that Maya allows umlauted characters as acceptable keys.

http://www.corsair.com/media/catalo...povh_us_lit.png

Edit 1: Just tested it, and Maya does in fact allow hotkeys to be assigned to letters with umlauts. Now to see if I can get the additional keys to punch out an umlaut and for Maya to listen to it when it does.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diaeresis_(diacritic)

Last edited by badsearcher : 04-12-2013 at 12:54 AM.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:54 PM   #2
Nyro
Lurking

portfolio
A. D.
Vertex Slinger
Munich, Germany

You may be able to use the custom keyboard software to map those keys to standard keys (or letters from alternative character sets, such as umlaut etc), or failing that, use AutoHotkey for the same purpose. The main thing here is that whichever solution you use, it has to be able to do this on a per-program basis, i.e. only for Maya and not for other windows.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:54 PM   #3
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread