Combining a Tearable cloth simulation with blend shapes

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2013   #1
Combining a Tearable cloth simulation with blend shapes

Hey all,

I am working on a solution to combine a tearable cloth simulation with blend shapes. The reason for this is that I am creating a pressurized tube and the cloth simulation is giving me great secondary motion from the impact but the impact area dose not look like I would like it to. I would like to hand model the deformations in this area so exaggerate the idea of gas escaping. I am able to export geometry from the cloth simulation however it adds vertices at the impact site as an object ripes the cloth. This makes it impossible for me to create blend targets from the cloth simulation. Dose anyone have any ideas on how I can remove vertices from the impact area so that I can create the impact area separately via mel? This is so I can export 100+ targets without having to modify each one.

Thanks,

James

Old 03 March 2013   #2
Already found a solution.... It was simple, just un-click the check typology checkbox and it works fine. I am writing scipts to set all this up, will post when done.

Old 03 March 2013   #3
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread