Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 03-14-2013, 06:42 AM   #1
yashkumar
portfolio
yashkumar
Prana Studios
Mumbai, India

Maya 2011 issues - Computer Freezing

Hey Guys...I tried searching for similar thread in general discussions but cud'nt find anything...So m posting a New one...I bought my Machine 2 years back and since the beginning of time i am facing major issues while operating Maya 2011 or Maya 2012...The Machine Freezes for couple of minutes and gets back to work...During the Freeze all the Running Applications(Chrome,Photoshop,Media Player etc) stops working...This Happens only while operating in Maya's viewport.....My Machine Never freezes while Rendering Fur,Hair or anything Heavy...Nor does it freezes while playing highend games like Arkham City or Sleeping Dogs etc...It only happens while operating Maya or Mudbox(sometimes)...This Freezing issue Drains all the Creative Juices of the brain and distracts my Concentration...I tried to fix this issue but no luck so far...I keep the Graphics Drivers Updated all the time...
My Computer Specs are as follows --
1) Windows 7 (64 Bit)
2)Gigabyte MotherBoard- 890GPA-UD3H
3)AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHz
4) Ram - 8 GB
5)MSI - Nvidia Geforce GTX 460
Any help will be highly appreciated as m tired with the situation....THNX !

Old 04-09-2013, 03:00 PM   #2
paulruk
PRO
portfolio
paul r
london, United Kingdom

I have a similar issue but mine seems to freeze the whole pc up, the mouse/keyboard no longer respond and i need to reboot. Using the latest nvidia drivers too.Mine was fine before Maya 2011 interface change, but since then its concurring within 5-10mins of opening maya.
Currently back using Maya 2010 :-(

Any luck with your problem?

Old 04-09-2013, 06:20 PM   #3
mlager8
Lord of the posts

portfolio
Matthew Lager
3D artist
Oceanside, USA

I use both 2011 and 2012 with a GTX260 and never have the problems you're describing. Have you tried reverting back to an old driver? Also somewhere in the nvidia control panel there is a place to set up different programs to run with different presets, I seem to remember there being a specific "autodesk 3d programs" preset that I set maya to use. At work right now and cant remember exactly where all this is but I'm sure you can find it with relative ease.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:44 PM   #4
paulruk
PRO
portfolio
paul r
london, United Kingdom

I`ve tried going back to 2 different sets of drivers but no change.

Whats interesting is that when it locks up, the interface completely stops until I click the mouse and then everything freezes, keyboard,mouse,etc dont function but music i`m playing at the time continues.
Tried the same scene on my dell xps laptop and it runs without a hitch. So guess its some hardware or drive conflict somewhere.

Old 10-21-2013, 03:13 PM   #5
Narntson
Expert

portfolio
Noah Arntson
Glendale, United%2BStates

I've been dealing with this same problem for the last month with extensive troubleshooting. (Win7 x64, Maya2010) One common aspect that I have is that I have a Geforce 460 gpu as well. After updating all drivers and Windows updates, to no avail, I tried system restore and still the problem remains. I am thinking it to be a hardware issue, and am replacing my mother board, and chipset. If you have had any solutions, I'd love to hear! Thanks.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:54 PM   #6
paulruk
PRO
portfolio
paul r
london, United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narntson
I've been dealing with this same problem for the last month with extensive troubleshooting. (Win7 x64, Maya2010) One common aspect that I have is that I have a Geforce 460 gpu as well. After updating all drivers and Windows updates, to no avail, I tried system restore and still the problem remains. I am thinking it to be a hardware issue, and am replacing my mother board, and chipset. If you have had any solutions, I'd love to hear! Thanks.

have you tried another version of Maya? I had issues with certain version is 2012 and 2013.5.

Old 10-21-2013, 11:27 PM   #7
Narntson
Expert

portfolio
Noah Arntson
Glendale, United%2BStates

Haven't tried another version, but this freezing thing has happened across numerous threads with users' multiple softwares. Thus, I didn't think it derived from one product.

Old 10-21-2013, 11:27 PM   #8
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread