Select object group and add to layer?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2013
Select object group and add to layer?

Hi there,

Still just getting used to using Maya, one of the odd things I found recently is when selecting objects on a group I am unable to add them to a layer.

So, I'm clicking on an object, pressing the up arrow to select all the objects in that group (a very handy feature, btw) but then when I right click on a render group and try to add them, nothing happens.

Weird...

03 March 2013
One thing to note is that when you press the up arrow, you aren't really selecting all the objects in the group, you're selecting the transform node of the group. You can imagine the group as the parent of all the transform nodes of objects within the group. Anyway, I'm not totally sure why it's doing that, I can add objects through their groups just fine to a layer using the method you described.

03 March 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread