How do I delete Specific History?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2013   #1
How do I delete Specific History?

Hello Society
Is there a way to delete specific History in maya? I wan't to delete a deletecomponant on a polygon that I deleted a face on, but want to save the other history that is on it. Is this possible?

Old 03 March 2013   #2
select your object, open hypershade, list inputs/outputs, select the node in question (e.g, deleteComponent1) and hit delete key.

Old 03 March 2013   #3
Edit:

(Posted at the same time)

I am not as familar with this as I'd like to be. But my understanding is that it will be in Hypergraph Connections which you will find under the Window menu.

I am not sure exactly what makes this work. Because I can not get Tweak nodes to show up consistently. Not sure what that is about. But the deleteComponent node should be there in the connection graph for you to select and delete with the delete key and undo will undo that action.

Old 03 March 2013   #4
Thanks for the replies guys. I'll give it a try!

Old 03 March 2013   #5
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiron
select your object, open hypershade, list inputs/outputs, select the node in question (e.g, deleteComponent1) and hit delete key.

I followed your instruction and it works. It deletes the component. Only thing is it also deletes my geometry at the same time. In fact, when i try to alter the chain at almost any point for some reason it deletes the geometry. Know any way around this?

Old 03 March 2013   #6
I use the input list in the channel box when I want to delete existing nodes in the stack. Click the name of the node you want to delete in the inputs section of the channel box. Then go to the menu, still in the channel box, Edit > Delete Node. Or sometimes you need to do Edit > Select Node then Edit Delete Node.
I have never had a problem with that deleting meshes unless it is Waaaaaay down the stack. Then everything could break.
Hope that helps.
~Ben

Old 03 March 2013   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by animatedfox
I have never had a problem with that deleting meshes unless it is Waaaaaay down the stack. Then everything could break.
Hope that helps.
~Ben

I'll support Ben and say my thoughts are similar. If the stack is to convoluted, deleting a single node may not propagate it's change, and "delete" the mesh. The mesh is still there, just not visible, due to a miscalculation. So, I recommend, for large networks to find the node you'd like to remove, and select all the nodes to the right of it, then delete. Drastic, I know, but you won't loose all your work, just a portion of it.

sincerely,

3D Models
@ Turbosquid

my Scripts

Old 03 March 2013   #8
You can also disable nodes by going to the

attribute editor-->node behviour--.>node state-->has no effect

ps I've seen it mentioned a few times in this thread but it's not a stack it's a node graph

Old 03 March 2013   #9
Remember that if you are using some techniques of modeling, deleting the history will make you lose things like curve connections,

Old 03 March 2013   #10
or u can control+right click on the node in the channel box and select "delete node", i found it faster than opening hypergraphs etc

Old 03 March 2013   #11
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread