Old 02-26-2013, 12:42 PM   #1
Varto
PRO
portfolio
Julian
Justice league
Capital federal, Argentina

Error 0x000007b

Hi guys. I need to install the 64x version of Maya but it keeps giving me this error whenever i try to start the program. Itīs a problem iīve been having for a long time and iīm really amazed that there is still no way to correct this. I even downloaded the sercive pack 2 version from the autodesk page but still nothing.
I was told that deleting the d3dx10_ files from the windows/system 32 folder and the reinstall it from the direct x page but it didnīt work.
So if any of you have an insight on this please let me know.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:18 PM   #2
luceric
Frequenter
No longer user this account
Canada

this error means that it's attempting to start Maya 64-bit, but one of the DLL it's trying to use is 32-bit. It can happen if someone or a bad installer wrongfully copied some 32-bit DLL into Windows\System32

It's difficult to track down the problem. you could say that your windows install is kind of screwed at this point. Perhaps a system restore is in order. you can check with the x64 version of dependency walker http://www.dependencywalker.com/ on the maya executable to see what's getting loaded, and whether they are 32-bit or 64-bit

Old 02-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #3
zoharl
A newbie

portfolio
Zohar
Wellington, New Zealand

Yes, it's a shame that you need to be a programmer in order to solve this issue. If you have a programmer friend, run maya in Visual Studio, and in VS output window you'll get all the dlls that are loaded and which one gives you trouble.

But actually there aren't many options. If you'll check maya.exe dependencies:

Code:
Dumpbin /DEPENDENTS maya.exe

you'll get:

Code:
AppVersion.dll FOUNDATION.dll AnimEngine.dll CommandEngine.dll DependEngine.dll ExtensionLayer.dll DataModel.dll 3dGraphics.dll RenderModel.dll Shared.dll SharedUI.dll HWRenderMaya.dll OGSMayaBridge.dll Base.dll adlmint.dll QtCore4.dll KERNEL32.dll USER32.dll QtGui4.dll mfc100.dll MSVCR100.dll MSVCP100.dll OLEAUT32.dll

which means qt4 and vs 2010 redistribution. Maya has its own version of Qt4 dlls in its bin directory, which leaves us with vs2010. So I suggest that you try to install:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=13523

Another test would be to empty your system environment variable %path%. Since maybe there's a path there to a 32bit dlls instead of x64.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #4
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread