Fine Adjust/move?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2013
Fine Adjust/move?

Hi there,

just wondering if there's a similar function to that in Blender where I can hold a key while moving/scaling/rotating in order to make fine adjustments?

Thanks,

Mark

02 February 2013
When you are using the move tool there are three arrows showing three axis. Select one axis, it will be in yellow color; then anywhere in the viewport press, hold and drag the MMB. You will see the object moving along that axis. Or, in the channel box editor select any attribute like translate X, rotate Y etc. (only attribute-name not field) and drag by MMB anywhere in the viewport. You will see the operation is being performed according to drag. Another way is the attribute editor. Here select any field and press and drag (SHIFT + LMB), (CTRL + LMB) or (ALT + LMB) to drive the value in different speed. May it will help.

02 February 2013
Following your advice, I found that ctrl+click/drag in the attribute editor allows me to finely change the values, but I'd still like to be able to do the same thing for handles in the viewport..

Thanks, anyway

02 February 2013
You can hold j to put the manipulators into increment adjustment mode.
Then size of the increments can be adjusted in the tool options.

02 February 2013
Originally Posted by Faux: You can hold j to put the manipulators into increment adjustment mode.
Then size of the increments can be adjusted in the tool options.

Hmmm, but this does not really help in making small adjustments using the mouse.

The 'tumble scale' control in view -> camera tools -> Tumble Tool, does pretty much exactly what I want to do, but obviously only for the camera...

02 February 2013
J -button
Then change the "discreet" settings in the Tool Options

02 February 2013
The only way I know of, is if you scale the actual handle (transform gizmo) which you do on the +/- on your keyboard or in the preferences. The larger the handle, the finer control you have

It's not quite the same as you describe, but it's the best advice I can give you

02 February 2013
For rotations, you can naturally gain a finer degree of accuracy by dragging the pointer further away from the manipulator during the click-drag phase. The increased distance between the manipulator and mouse pointer means you have to move the pointer further to get similar amounts of rotation. This technique can be applied to single axis move transformations to a lesser degree.

Also, in the Channel Box, at the very top, there are three little icons that control the sensitivity of changes made to Channel Box attributes via the middle mouse button drag ability. Attributes such as the transforms. Read more about it here.

Not ideal, I know, and probably not what you were after, but nonetheless I hope it helps you out.

02 February 2013
Originally Posted by DeadlyNightshade: J -button
Then change the "discreet" settings in the Tool Options

Unfortunately, this does not do what I want - ie, scales down the amount of adjustment. No matter how small you set the increment, when you drag the move control it moves at the same rate as you mouse cursor.

Like I say, the 'tumble scale' control is exactly what I'm after, try changing the amount there and rotating he camera to see what I mean..

02 February 2013
if u r modeling make ur model 10 or 50 x bigger

02 February 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread