Need help with existing Anzovin scene, character not detected/teeth not connected

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2013
Unhappy Need help with existing Anzovin scene, character not detected/teeth not connected

Hello,

I have 2 maya scene files from a 3rd party animator who used Anzovin Rig Node & Shave and a Haircut plug-ins which I have installed, but I have a problem with the 2nd scene file which includes the animation - the teeth aren't attached to the body and animation is lost!

Scene1 is a non-animated model of the character, fully rigged with controls and includes Teeth in the model and everything works as expected.
Scene2 is the full animation of the character moving around, teeth aren't attached to body and Anzovin menu is disabled with no character detected.

PROBLEM:
My problem is that when I open Scene2, the teeth are not attached to the face of the character and the rig controls are missing. The Anzovin menu is disabled, it can't find any existing Characters.

If I open Scene1, I see a full Anzovin menu with a character, the teeth are attached to the face and I can move objects via the rig just fine.

QUESTION:
How can I fix Scene2 to a) fix the teeth that was attached to the character on the 3rd party animators workstation and b) fix the Anzovin menu and find the existing character.

The closest thing I see is this forum post about missing Nodes http://anzovin.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=345

But I don't know exactly what I need to do on my end to fix this without intervention from the 3rd party original animator.

Thank you in advance for any help,

EDIT: I'm using Maya 2013, I believe the previous animator was using 2011.

02 February 2013
Unhappy New File... Now Face not shown :(

I asked the previous animator to check the files and send the latest again and now I have a file that has the teeth constrained to the face with animation as expected.

But...

No face!

Am I missing something? I'm just not familiar enough with the facemachine / anzovin to know if I simply need to unhide something or what.

(mh3.png attached)

EDIT: When I load the scene I do see the following in the output window, if this has anything to do with it?

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "E:/Websites/mh/private/maya/mh/assets/hShapeDeformed.xml"
Attached Images
File Type: png mh3.png (72.6 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by brockhensley : 02 February 2013 at 04:35 PM. Reason: addtl info

02 February 2013
Version mismatch would be my first guess especially when there's 3rd party plugin involved.

02 February 2013
Unhappy

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I have opened the scene with Maya 2011 (with Shave 2011 and Anzovin plugins), the version it was developed in, and the results are the same.

I'm not sure if the face is simply hidden or if I'm actually missing references/rig information.

Thanks,

02 February 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread