maya obj sequence export?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2013
maya obj sequence export?

Hello,
is there any wy to export obj seq with maya 2013? all the scripts that i found for older versions. is there any updated one?

02 February 2013
what do you exactly need? It should quite easy to script

02 February 2013
I wrote one the other day. Here it is:

http://www.creativecrash.com/maya/d...nce-exporter--2

But I doubt that those scripts you saw don't work in newer versions. The problem with Creative Crash's compatibility listing is that they add the newer version to your script compatibility listing but, by default, it is listed as incompatible, when there's only a tiny chance that it will break in newer versions. I'm sure that half of my scripts are listed as not compatible with 2013 because I forgot to manually enable compatibility for newer versions.

02 February 2013
well... all i want is, selecting an animated object and execute this script and getting .obj files for each frame. This should be easy because maya is already exporting the actual frame when you export with normal command. All automated process should be like;

select object,
specify destianation window,
export_01,
go to next frme
export_02
.done

02 February 2013
look at the video for my script. It does exactly what you want and uses the animation start/end frames from your render settings.

02 February 2013
Originally Posted by cgbeige: look at the video for my script. It does exactly what you want and uses the animation start/end frames from your render settings.

i downloaded the script but couldnt get the layout(took into memory but i thing i should execute one more command?). Could you send me the direct link of the video i cannot see on creative crash.

edit: nevermind i found on your blog. And last article should be about this post

02 February 2013
Originally Posted by cgbeige: look at the video for my script. It does exactly what you want and uses the animation start/end frames from your render settings.

working great! thank you so much. there also an importer which will be really useful for me.

02 February 2013
no problem. But you should really use Alembic instead, if you can. OBJ sequence are a last resort for something like After Effects. Nuke and other good 3D and composite apps all have Alembic support now. OBJ sequences don't work with motion blur where an Alembic cache file does (and an Alembic file is tiny where OBJ is huge)

02 February 2013
Originally Posted by cgbeige: no problem. But you should really use Alembic instead, if you can. OBJ sequence are a last resort for something like After Effects. Nuke and other good 3D and composite apps all have Alembic support now. OBJ sequences don't work with motion blur where an Alembic cache file does (and an Alembic file is tiny where OBJ is huge)

agreed! but i all i want to try this new element 3d update for after effects. and that plugin only supports this method.

02 February 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread