Need help with moving rig

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2013
Need help with moving rig

Hi! I'm new to Maya and have run into a pretty major problem with one of my character rigs. Any suggestions you might have would be very much appreciated!

I have a rig that I got online and I've changed a few parts of it: I've modified the existing hair, and added glasses, a collar, and shirt buttons. I have all of these things parented under the main geometry in the Outliner. My problem is that when I go to move the rig via the main controller (a NURBS circle around the character's feet), these objects do not move with the character. The hair does move with the character, but not to the extent that it should - it doesn't align with the character's head when I move it.

Does anyone know what the problem is here/what I might be doing wrong? I would be very grateful for any help you could provide.

Thank you!
Amber

01 January 2013
I hope people don't terribly mind my bumping this - I am really desperate for help on this one, as not being able to accurately move one of my main characters is putting a real dent in my production schedule!

I also wanted to add to the above: I have tried grouping these separate parts to the main body of the model (Edit>Group), and have also tried combining them (Mesh>Combine), but neither of these work.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!! Thank you!!

01 January 2013
Have you skinned your no moving geometry? Either parent your geo to the bones or the rig, or skin it (then you should have them parented in a group outside the rig, so they get their movement only from the skincluster)

01 January 2013
Group everything related to the rig in a new group and move the group.

01 January 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread