Edit -> Duplicate problem

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2013   #1
Edit -> Duplicate problem

I'm running Maya 2011 - Student Version.
I resolved my issue by completely restarting Maya nut I'm curious if anyone knows what happened. Here are the specifics.

Steps to recreate while the problem was happening:
1 - Create a Cube winth interactive mode off
2 - Your choice of Edit->Duplicate or shift-d or copy/paste
3 - Move the new copy away from the original.

The new copy would not drag its outer wall past the middle of the original cube. I could move either cube back and forth but neither would drag any further once their outer wall hit the center of the other cube.
Yes, I did use direct translation through the channel box and got them seperated but the instaant I touched the move manipulator on one of them, it would jump back so the center of the other cube was within its boundary, regardless of which axis I used on the move maniplator or the direction I tried to move it in.
I did check for groupings or parenting in the outliner but there was none. I even tried moving the cubes around in the outliner just to see if I could shake something loose but no difference.
I tried doing a complete reset of my preferences with no effect.

Once again, I got around this problem by restarting Maya but I'd love to understand what I may have done to cause this so I don't have to restart the next time if there's anyone that may have hit this before.

Thanks

Old 01 January 2013   #2
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread