Lip sync software?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2013
Lip sync software?

Has anyone had any experiences (good or bad) with any commercially available lip syncing software?

We are bidding on a potential project and would need to find a solution for auto lip syncing as there are are many many animations and not enough time for hand animation.

I've seen really good results with face robot, but that is no longer a standalone program. It's built into softimage and we primarily use maya here.

Diomatic / voice-o-matic looks ok but I'll have to wait to get home to test it as its a windows only program.

01 January 2013
i used diomatic....8.... years ago in max for a commercial and it totally saved my ass.....motion builder has some very interesting stuff too and ive seen people doing mocap and linking the data in maya directly......vimeo maybe for that...was pretty cool and easy

01 January 2013
Thanks, I've done facial mocap before and mobu is great for that, but in this case there is no mocap data. I'm looking for a solution that just uses a sound file to drive phoneme shapes. The more I'm looking around the more di-o-matic seems like the way to go. It dosent seem super fancy but hopefully will deliver enough quality to make the clients happy.

01 January 2013
We used Annosoft's cmd line plugin at Eurocom which I wrapped so that we had full control over how the output data was used. The new versions has full Maya UI support and setups etc. Have to say I've not used them, other than the cmd line, but the data it generated was spot on and Mark Z who writes it was really helpful.

01 January 2013
Thanks Mark, I'm definitely going to give this a try. We're on an all mac pipeline here and this is the first piece of lip sync software I've seen available for osx.

01 January 2013
Check out Joe Alter's LipService

http://lbrush.com/features.htm

It's original purpose was to support lip syncing, but he has added a huge amount of functionality to it since.

01 January 2013
If you got the Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite you can use Softimage's Face Robot and then export to Maya.

01 January 2013
im pretty sure you can drive blend shapes with audio file in motionbuilder....but diomatic is very good

01 January 2013
Thanks all, I tested out a few plugins but we ended up going with diomatic. Were a small team here and it was the most simplistic for the best results.

FaceFX seems a lot more robust then out needs.

Annosoft seemed promising but I was having trouble getting everthing to work.

Lipservice seems like an awesome sculpting tool but not really sure how to sue it for lip sync?

And facerobot I've used in the past, and while its pretty great, the transference to maya is not really all that fantastic, plus we dont have the autodesk creation suite so it would be a pretty big investment.

01 January 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread