Overwrite "3DPaint tool" texture map

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2013   #1
Update current texture map with "3DPaint tool"

I get every time a new version when I start editing and then save my 3DPaint tool texture map and the texture is always saved in the 3dPaintTextures folder.
3dPaintTextures/scene_1/xx_map_1.iff
3dPaintTextures/scene_1/xx_map_2.iff

Is there a way to overwrite the assigned Texture of the material, so that I have every time when I save, the same texture and maintain the assigned folder like "sourceimages/xx_map.iff"?

Last edited by Dracula24 : 01 January 2013 at 06:46 AM.

Old 01 January 2013   #2
The only thing I found in Maya help is that:

Quote:
Copy Texture Maps on Save Scene As
Select from one of the following options.

Always
Saves different versions of the file textures when you save different versions of a scene. Use this setting if you are working on different iterations or versions of the file texture.
Unless Referenced
Saves file textures only if the painted character is not referenced. When this option is selected, Maya uses the file textures from the referenced file, even if you save the scene with a new name. If the character is not referenced and you save a copy of the scene with this option selected, Maya creates a copy of the file textures.
Never
Does not save a new file texture. Use this setting if you are no longer changing the file textures and want to continue to use the saved file textures, even if you save the scene with a new name. This prevents multiple copies of the textures from accumulating.

...but this don`t solve my problem of simply updating the current texture.

Old 01 January 2013   #3
you can open the project window and change the secondary project path for 3D Paint Textures but it will still put the files in a subfolder. But it will still name the texture according to your scene name.

Old 01 January 2013   #4
Thx for your answer. The option to make backups for my texture is good. But not always the quickest. Why do I have not the option to disable that, so that I can just update my current texture. For quick texture changes it would be very useful.

Old 01 January 2013   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread