Beginner stuck on uni assignment

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2013
Beginner stuck on uni assignment

I only started using Maya this year - in 2nd year of a 4 year computer animation degree (it's my first year, went straight from college).

So far we've only done basic modelling etc and our first assignment was making a fruit bowl, lighting and rendering it. The only 'animation' we've been shown is a very basic train with wheels that goes along a straight track.

Our current assignment is to work in pairs to make a fairground. One person makes a Ferris wheel, the other an octopus ride and we both make a ticket booth and the landscape. Then it all has to be animated.

I'm doing the octopus fairground ride. I understand in theory how it should work, but I really don't know how to model and animate it so that the main body rotates with the arms, but the carriages on the end of the arms rotate in the opposite direction. I presume I need to use some sort of expression?

Anyone able to explain in really basic/simple terms?

01 January 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread