take blend shapes from another mesh

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2012
take blend shapes from another mesh

is it possible to take blend shapes from one mesh and use it with another mesh? just like we can copy skin weight.

12 December 2012
Originally Posted by sherkhannabi: is it possible to take blend shapes from one mesh and use it with another mesh? just like we can copy skin weight.

Could you be more specific?

01 January 2013
well to some degree you can do this by wrap deforming the new mesh to the original mesh that is being driven with the blendshapes. Unfortunately the wrap deformer is a memory hog and this will only work for low res meshes and it's really only good when you need to recreate blendshapes after changing topology or pointcount.

01 January 2013
thanks guys for you answers

but i meant like auto system. kind of like a auto rigging system. i know there is a auto facial rigging script and plugin but need to know if there is one for blend shapes like auto blend shapes. which create all the basic shapes for you and you just have to define the mesh topology.
also if you guys know where to find the list of all the blend shapes. because some says that you can't do all the blend shapes because there isn't any list but i was wondering if somebody have it.
(sorry if it doesn't make any sense)

01 January 2013
There is facerobot?
http://softimage.wiki.softimage.com...egory:FaceRobot

There is however a Facial Action Coding System (FACS) that gives en extensive breakdown of face shapes and it contains hundreds of shapes.

http://face-and-emotion.com/datafac...description.jsp

01 January 2013
thanks agian

thanks gmask for facerobot
i didn't find any video in vimeo or any other side except youtube because youtube is banned here.

01 January 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread