CGTalk > Software Specific Forums > Autodesk Maya
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 12-13-2012, 08:11 PM   #1
robin
Will code C++ for food

Maya 2012 - Center Pivot problem.

I've been away from Maya for sometime now, and i would like to use a custom hotkey to center my pivot in a scene with many objects so that i don't have to manually center each and every one of them.

I use ctrl-w multiple times for the hotkey but Maya refuses to obey, my pivet simply sits there and doesn't translate to the center of the object. I've never had this phenomena under previous Maya installations.

Does anyone knows how to fix this ?

Old 12-14-2012, 07:23 AM   #2
zoharl
A newbie

portfolio
Zohar
Wellington, New Zealand

1. Is it a hotkey problem? Meaning if you run the code from the script editor does it work?
2. Is it a problem with your code? Meaning if you try to center the pivot from the menu, does it work?
Please post your code.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:06 AM   #3
Ekenryd
Bugged
portfolio
Thomas
3d/comp
Stockholm, Sweden

Hm, funny enough, I have a problem with remapping ctrl-w on my maya 2012 linux. Does it work if you use a different hotkey?

Old 12-14-2012, 09:17 AM   #4
zoharl
A newbie

portfolio
Zohar
Wellington, New Zealand

If I assign to ctrl+shift+c the standard Modify>center pivot on Maya 2013 x64 Windows, it works fine.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:06 PM   #5
robin
Will code C++ for food

Quote:
Hm, funny enough, I have a problem with remapping ctrl-w on my maya 2012 linux. Does it work if you use a different hotkey?

Quote:
If I assign to ctrl+shift+c the standard Modify>center pivot on Maya 2013 x64 Windows, it works fine.

I've been trying to configure Maya 2012 to my liking and stay the hell away from Maya 2013 and UP, i simply refuse to use newer version of Maya and prefer older version (Aliaswavefront), simply because of Hotkey issues with the API and some trim - fillet - surface operations. Older version of Maya seem to be more stable on a certain level.

I also like to map marking menus to alt-z for Nurbs, alt-x for Polys, and alt-c for Curves editing, but under Maya 2013 when using an hotkey with say alt-x to create a Nurbs surface,
i get a series of consecutive Dings! on my keyboard, like Dings!, Dings!, Dings!, Dings!, Dings!Dings!, Dings! which is totally annoying and ridicule for such a program, where as older Maya version wont do a sound, operate and run smoothly. In all of this my main goal is to bend Maya to my will.

I came to the conclusion that ctrl-w doesn't even work under Maya 2012-2013 as i passed 2 hours figuring how to map this hotkey to Center Pivot. ctrl+shift+c works (thank you), i was going to jump out the window when i decided to ask.

Thanks a million guys for the help i got it to work, its highly appreciated.

Old 04-01-2013, 02:45 AM   #6
pher
Veteran
portfolio
chris miller
Oakland, USA

I am having this issue also. It's probably one of those stupid things that was hard coded into Maya years ago and never changed. I have been using the same hotkeys in Nuke for over a year I wanted to replicate in Maya.

Old 04-01-2013, 02:45 AM   #7
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread