CGTalk > Software > Autodesk Maya
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  
Old 12-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
Pat Vince
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Blendshape equivilent for UVs?

I'm basically trying to set up a blendshape which just deforms the Uv's of my object. (A cat's eye to make the pupil dialated and big... like puss in boots!)

Obviously I tried the normal blendshape method and that doesn't work with Uv changes.
So I made UV tweaks to the main eye and keyframed them. It worked and I can use the slider on the animation timeline to slide between the two states.

What I need now is to have these two states controlled by a Set Driven Key. I have all the other blendshapes running from SDKs so ideally I need this to as well.

The problem is, when I open the SDK window for the eye I have no option to select the keys from the animation timeline as a point of reference for the controller to use. Is there a way to get around this?

I can't be the only person who's ever wanted to animated UV changes with sliders?!
Old 12-03-2012, 06:09 PM   #2
A. D.
Vertex Slinger
Munich, Germany
I'm confused.

Why would you need to 'select the keys from the animation timeline as a point of reference' when setting SDKs?

Select your controlling attribute as driver, select each UV tweak node as Driven, set your 'states' and hit Key.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:17 PM   #3
Robert Kopf
Senior 3D-Artist
MBL Development
Hamburg, Germany
Why dont you simply control the offset attribute of the 2d placement node of your filetexture with SDKs? It provides another layer of control to texture mapping other than UVs

Last edited by antweiler : 12-03-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:31 AM   #4
3D slave monkey
Daniel Elliott
Weta Digital
United Kingdom
It is technically possible to keyframe individual uvs with MEL. You could keyframe then and then connect a blendshape with set driven key.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:31 AM   #5
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
Thread Closed share thread