Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 11-30-2012, 10:31 AM   #1
ShuyaAki
portfolio
Shuya
Auckland, New Zealand

Maya MB Scene File Problem.

Hey guys I need your help!

I currently used Maya 2013 and I was working on a scene today, saved and closed. Couple hours later I try open it and Maya freezes at 100% loadup!?!? It pretty much stops there and nothing works.

I tried importing, name changing... and nothing works. There are no errors, so I don't know if it's corrupt.

The scene is very small, only 970KB (1000KB in disk space)...

Is there any way I can fix this!?

Thanks in advance,,,

EDIT;

After testing out the file, I noticed there was one error when I tried to batch render it by right clicking the file.

The CMD pops up and a bunch of ONE error shows up -

*Warning: Can't perform polySplitRingXX on selection* (XX refers to numbers).

So I searched the web on that and found that sometimes maya cannot read history sometimes and won't load...

Is there like a importer/viewer that can directly export mb files into obj?

Last edited by ShuyaAki : 11-30-2012 at 11:42 AM.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:07 PM   #2
Nyro
Lurking

portfolio
A. D.
Vertex Slinger
Munich, Germany

Seeing how you saved your file as Maya Binary (.mb) I fear there aren't many options of recovering it if its corrupt.

Did you try importing it into a new scene?

Old 11-30-2012, 03:13 PM   #3
mattwood
Frequenter

Not near Maya or a manual right now, but you may be able to rescue this by writing a MEL script which loads the scene and saves it out as an .ma. Run Maya in batch mode and execute the script. If you're lucky you'll get an .ma file to hack in a texteditor. It has worked for me in the past.

Better still your MEL script could delete or adjust the offending node before saving.

Sorry I'm not able to give any advice right on how to perform any of the steps above.

Correction: I *think* from the commandline you can get Maya to launch in batch mode, then load a scene file, then run a mel script on it, all in one line. Then your mel script only needs the 1 line to save as .ma file. I'll not embarrass myself by trying to guess the syntax for any of this.

Last edited by mattwood : 11-30-2012 at 03:17 PM.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:01 PM   #4
EightBit
Lord of the posts
Mitch Rosefelt
OutThereSumwhere, USA

You could try 3D Photo Browser.
I think there is a trial version, else if you send me the file, I can try it, though I have limited access to computer b4 next week.

Old 11-30-2012, 05:14 PM   #5
Panupat
Expert

portfolio
Panupat Chong
Thailand

I'd try sending the file to other machines to try open it. If that doesn't work, then, well...

Always save your files with incremental version numbering. And .ma if you want to be extra safe.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:50 PM   #6
ShuyaAki
portfolio
Shuya
Auckland, New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBit
You could try 3D Photo Browser.
I think there is a trial version, else if you send me the file, I can try it, though I have limited access to computer b4 next week.

Is there a Maya 2013 plugin? 2013 files in general don't seem to work with this, although this is a great program

Old 12-01-2012, 10:11 PM   #7
EightBit
Lord of the posts
Mitch Rosefelt
OutThereSumwhere, USA

I haven't used it for file translation for awhile. As I recall, it needs to know where your Maya executable is, which, now that I think about it, probably means it will also fail, but its worth a try nonetheless. If it didn't ask where your Maya install was when you installed it, there is a place to tell it in the prefs.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:11 PM   #8
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread