Isometric Transform Attributes

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2012   #1
Isometric Transform Attributes

I am trying to figure out the isometric transform attributes for eight different directions for use with eight directional isometric character movement. Saving them as presets.

I managed to solve one angle via trial and error... But I can't seem to figure out the other numbers for the seven other isometric camera angles. I am using top down lighting so instead of rendering the character "moving in place" facing in eight different directions... I figure it would be easier just to change the camera position eight times and run another batch render.

Anyone know how to calculate out the other seven angles? I have been playing with the numbers and I am lost... Those tiles are just images pasted in in photoshop to verify the proper perspective is correct.

If I can't figure this out I guess I could just rotate the character animation seven times.

Old 11 November 2012   #2
Im not sure I understand what you want to do, but if you place a locator at the spot you want to rotate around(the character), parent your camera under it and then rotate the locator 45*, shouldn t that give you what you want?

Old 11 November 2012   #3
That might work...

I placed a locator in the very center where the character will be over... But I can't figure out how to parent my camera under it. Only been working with Maya less than a week...

I noticed in the dynamic relationships editor that when I create a new perspective camera and apply orthographic presets that it goes grey... So maybe it won't work.

How do I link the locator to the camera so I can try? I only know how to parent by clicking two objects and hitting "P".

Last edited by reppinfreedom : 11 November 2012 at 11:17 AM.

Old 11 November 2012   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread