Uniform To Chord Lenght conversion

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2012
Uniform To Chord Lenght conversion

Hi i actuall have a curve with a attachted tube and camera wich is animated along the curve.
My Problem is that the animation on my curve have different speeds regarding where the tube or Camera is . Because my Curve have different curves and straight areas. So on my Straight areas the Camera and the Tube moves fast and at the curved Parts it moves slow. But i want exactelly the same speed of my animated camera and Tube along the curve.

So i dont know exactelly i have a uniform or Chord Lenght curve and how can i convert a Uniform To Chord-Lenght Curve. Is there a option or Script wich can do this ??
With the build in Maya funktion "rebuild curve" i get always a error message.

// Error: file: D:/VT/Autodesk/Maya_2013_64Bit/scripts/others/performRebuildCurveSet.mel line 40: Object 'curveShape1' not found. //

In the Attachement you can see the Curve and the shape of the Curve. The Locatora are only placeholder for the CVs for a better edit of the curve shape.

Edit: i made some tests and think the animation of my curve have a parametric lenght on it.
Maybe its possible to remove this attribute or funktion without reanimate everything from beginning. becaus i have made some connection etc..
The Objects are not attachted via attache to motion path.
i used a script called : subcurveextr.mel because i have animate a growing profile ( Plane ) along the path

Thanks in advance
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Curve.jpg (78.0 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by elay : 11 November 2012 at 09:46 AM.

11 November 2012
really no idea ???

11 November 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread