Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 11-08-2012, 10:35 AM   #1
ReyLitch
portfolio
Jesus
Spain, España

Unhappy Problem with Contraint -> Parent

Hi!

I am creating my first character animation and I have a problem with the rigging's process. I have completed the entire skeleton and now I have created CV Curves that have the same pivot that the joint which corresponding to them (see the first part of he image). Now I have to apply a contraint -> parent between each curve and the correspont joint. The problem is the same that appears in the second part of the image. The wrist change its rotation when I apply the constraint and I don't know why. I have spent a lot of time surfing on Internet and I can't find a solution. Do someone know what the problem is?

Thanks in advance.

PD: Sorry for my English level.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:38 PM   #2
Nyro
Lurking

portfolio
A. D.
Vertex Slinger
Munich, Germany

My guess is that the NURBS and the joint have different axis orientation. Either rotate the axis so they align before constraining, or, in the parent constraint options, make sure "maintain offset" is enabled.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:49 PM   #3
ReyLitch
portfolio
Jesus
Spain, España

The "maintain offset" is enabled, so it isn't the solution. I have spent the last three hours trying to rotate the axis so they align with the joint but I can't. Is there any way to reset the rotation of a single joint?.

Surfing on Internet I have found this command: makeIdentity -apply true -jointOrient j_wrist_left; but I have this error message: Freeze Transform was not applied because j_clavicle_right.rotateX has incoming connection.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:49 PM   #4
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread