Having problems with Maya 2013

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2012   #1
Having problems with Maya 2013

Hey guys, iīm having some problems with maya and Windows 7. First, i installed the 64x version but when i start the program it stops with an error message (you know, "the program could not start error 0x000007b").
So after a while i just decided to install the x32 version and for some time everything went fine but recently iīm having some problems again. First, sometimes i open the render settings tab, it opens empty and the following error shows up:

createMayaSoftwareCommonGlobalsTab.mel line 2417: Object 'resolutionMenu' not found."

But today i started the program and when i try to open a scene it displayed this message:

Error: file: C:/Program Files (x86)/Autodesk/Maya2013/scripts/others/fromNativePath.mel line 90: (unicode error) 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xf3' in position 49: ordinal not in range(128)

So, any ideas? Should i start making a back up and prepare for the worst?

EDIT: I founded out that if i cancel a batch render, the process keeps going, however if you try to cancel it again it says that thereīs no batch render in process.
So after this, i close the program and re start it but thatīs when the problems begin so maybe thatīs whatīs going on. Still, if anyone knows anything please tell me.

Last edited by Varto : 10 October 2012 at 01:34 AM.

Old 10 October 2012   #2
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread