Bonus Tools 2013.5 install issue

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2012
Bonus Tools 2013.5 install issue

I run Maya on two computers here as per my subscription license, on one of them I was able to install the 2013.5 bonus tools fine, but on the other when I run the installer (for Win64) I get a '2013.5 is not installed on this system, please install before installing bonus tools' error and the install is canceled.

Fine I thought, I'll just copy the folder from the working install to the non-working one (Programs>Autodesk>BonusTools2013.5 ) and the prefs folder from the Documents folder too, but no luck. The bonus tools menu appears but running any of the commands gives a script not found error. I've looked though the Maya.env file and some of the files in the prefs but can't find a reference to bonus tools in any of them.

Long story short - what file do I have to edit to get the path to the bonus tools scripts working?

Cheers,
Brian

10 October 2012
You probably missed the modules folder. You'll need to copy that from C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2013.5

David

10 October 2012
Yes, that's spot on, I found a text file in the modules folder with the path in it, once copied over things are working fine, great. I'll know where to look in future.

Many thanks!

Cheers,
Brian

10 October 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread