Maya Rigid Body Sleep Mode???

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2012   #1
Maya Rigid Body Sleep Mode???

I need to have a rigid body be static until an object hits it.

How do I accomplish this?

In several other systems, Max, Bullet Phsyics, etc. etc. etc.

There is an option to have the rigid body start in a "sleep" mode so that it doesn't become active until something collides with it.

Is there such an option in Maya?

Thank You

Old 10 October 2012   #2
Maya Rigid keying

In the channel box you can select the rigidBody under shapes. Close to the bottom on that list of items is active. From here you can key the active state on or off where from the attribute editor you can't. Maybe with some scripting make it switch on collisions.

Old 10 October 2012   #3
Originally Posted by graphicthug: In the channel box you can select the rigidBody under shapes. Close to the bottom on that list of items is active. From here you can key the active state on or off where from the attribute editor you can't. Maybe with some scripting make it switch on collisions.

Ok what scripting would I have to use to do this?

This is the thing with Maya... not everyone knows how to script and it's neigh impossible to get something done without it where other programs seem to be able to accomplish SIMPLE things like this without scripting.

Sorry for my rant, but it's extremely frustrating having to jump through hoops to get Maya to do the simplest of things.

So if anyone knows how to make a rigid body "sleep" until it is hit with a kinematic object please let me know.

Thank you

Old 10 October 2012   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread