AUTODESK - Maya - MISLEADING INFORMATION!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2012   #46
Actually this may be a breach of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, which is ironic considering how much abuse AD gets for sticking to the act.

In brief, and probably overly simplified: you can't report to your shareholders revenue from a product or feature which the customer is still waiting to receive. If this last release is not as advertised it may be a criminal offence for Autodesk to recognise their subscription income for the periods in question.

Then again, the likelihood of anyone caring other than the bugweary AD customer....?

Old 11 November 2012   #47
Why should one wonder wether this should have been fixed asap and work as ADVERTISED !?
I really wonder and still waiting...

Old 12 December 2012   #48
Shawn McClelland,

Should we expect a feedback from you on this?
After so much frustration, should we hope for a bug fix ?

Best Regards,
Tri

Old 12 December 2012   #49
Dude, no offense, but he didnt have to even answer this post. One normally has to go through the official channel, but He answered in kind to your post.

He's obviously up to his nuts in work.

give him a break. I'de doubt he's the sole employee of autodesk.

Old 12 December 2012   #50
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TheRazorsEdge: I totally agree with you but the legal situation is probably a bit more convoluted so there are gray areas which make it difficult to actually get a grip on them and which AD knowingly abuses to their hearts content. Just because something is legal, does not mean its just or right and just because something by common sense is fraud, doesn't mean it's illegal. The examples of such things are way too numerous in the business world to even start naming them.You can be 100% sure that the people in charge at AD know fully well what the can and what they cant get away with and where they can try to get away with something.

There's only one way out of the dilemma really, which is to stop giving them good money for a bad product.

The power is always in the hands of the consumer, which the latter rarely if ever makes good use of by very simply boycotting the "perpetrator's" products. For example, if people would avoid Monsanto products like the plague, the whole company would collapse or have to adapt/change to avoid that. But people don't do that! They are much too < your adjectives of choice here >. They prefer to be fed cheap crap that will make them sick in the short or long run and then blame someone else rather than taking responsibility for their own lives and health. It's so much easier that way, since they don't really have to start using those fabled brain cells for that mysterious concept/process called thinking/reasoning.

People are complacent and lazy by nature, that's why they chose to "adapt" to a series of small nuisances/inconveniences and don't even notice how far they are really being pushed to adapt before its too late rather than making a big change once and be rid of the issue completely.

Same goes for AD, if people where to stop buying new versions and ie stick to a stable version of Maya as a bare basis and extend it themselves in a user-base fashion with scripts and plugins, AD would have no other choice but to start trying to make them happy with fully functional products again in order to make some money. But that's not going to happen.

Personally, I'm pretty much done with AD and will at the very least let my subscription lapse and wait what happens for the next few versions before I decide to completely drop AD products in favor of ie LW, Modo, Houdini etc. The majority of the user base will undoubtedly continue to shell out good cash for bad product and hence directly support AD's behavior and tactics and all business will go an a usual ....
Cheers!

Felix you are my kind of scum Rock on brother!

Old 12 December 2012   #51
Hah! Word! I'm doing my best to steer our studio away from AD. It's small enough for my vote to actually make a difference.

Btw... I noticed that the "improve mental ray integration" post on the suggestions for maya page has been declined. I find this hilarious in a very sad way.

Last edited by lostparanoia : 12 December 2012 at 02:12 PM.

Old 12 December 2012   #52
Originally Posted by TheRazorsEdge: .. I decide to completely drop AD products in favor of ie LW...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA!

Old 12 December 2012   #53
Just for the record, the official channel (report bug) had no effect.
As if their faulty information was nothing to worry about...
...I just hope Shawn McClelland, might give us an answer...

Old 12 December 2012   #54
Not to mention that as a subscription customer, I expected better support to this issue.
I hope the wait would not last forever....

Old 12 December 2012   #55
youre just trolling now.......

Old 12 December 2012   #56
Originally Posted by lostparanoia: Btw... I noticed that the "improve mental ray integration" post on the suggestions for maya page has been declined. I find this hilarious in a very sad way.

there is a reason for...

http://area.autodesk.com/blogs/cory...ck-voting-site1

Old 12 December 2012   #57
To the thread starter > just vote with your feet and go to another product, its as simple as that, companies do it there's no reason why you cannot.

b

Old 12 December 2012   #58
Originally Posted by mr Bob: To the thread starter > just vote with your feet and go to another product, its as simple as that

Simple as ditching years of proven workflows, years of knowledge, scripts, thousands and thousands of hours etc... I wish it were that simple to just switch a 3D app at the drop of a hat! Like going from MS Word to Google Docs or vice versa or something!

Old 12 December 2012   #59
Originally Posted by Hamburger: Simple as ditching years of proven workflows, years of knowledge, scripts, thousands and thousands of hours etc... I wish it were that simple to just switch a 3D app at the drop of a hat! Like going from MS Word to Google Docs or vice versa or something!

It is simple, you quote years of knowledge and thousands of hours. You don't loose that , the rules stay the same , its the buttons that move. Id rather be productive learning a toolset that does work for the task at hand than sit there getting frustrated with a toolset that clearly is not going to get fixed any time soon.

b

Old 12 December 2012   #60
Use OpenOffice, way better than google docs

Thread Closed share thread