How do I fix the clipping plane...

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2012   #1
How do I fix the clipping plane...

Hi,

I was working with someone else's Maya file and I had to fix the clipping plane - but now I am done with that file and I can't see the origin grid when I start a new file - its very far away or not visible - how do I set the clipping plane back to the default settings AND what are the default settings?

Andrew

Old 09 September 2012   #2
select your camera in the outliner and go to: Near/Far Clip in the Attribute Editor. Make sure they are something like 0.1 (near) and 10000 (far). However, it may not be due to the clipping planes, but due to you default units changing from cm to m (or whatever). make sure they are set as you assumed (or cm if you've never messed with them)

Old 09 September 2012   #3
that reminds me of an issue that sometimes have. My perspective camera sometimes gets lost. In the translation values it says, -1.#IO . When I try to set ot back to zero, it just goes back to the -1.#IO. I have just decided to make a new camera, since I haven't been able to figure it out. Any ideas?

Old 09 September 2012   #4
I had the issue with the hole -1.#IO thing before.. I find it usually happens with large scale scenes, if you set everything back to 0,0,0 on the camera then freeze transforms and delete history this usually solves it

Old 09 September 2012   #5
Ive tried that. It still goes back, right after I move the camera

Old 09 September 2012   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread