set driven key WINDOW DISAPPEARED!!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2012   #1
set driven key WINDOW DISAPPEARED!!

Hi there all! quick question, hopefully with an obvious answer. Been using the set driven key but for some reason now when I choose this option in the tool bar the window for this wont show and it appears as though nothing has happened.

what could be causing this and maybe there is a code that could fix this?

Thanks!

Old 07 July 2012   #2
By Tool Bar I assume you mean Menu Bar. Does anything show in the script editor?

Sounds like a problem with the /prefs folder.

Try cut and pasting everything out of the prefs folder to a temp folder so you're back to a default maya. When Maya loads up and doesn't find them it creates them. See if that works. If it works again, selectively replace your backed up files in your temp folder with the newly created default ones.

P.S. There are actually scripts out there that are better/more efficient than Maya's Set Driven Key.

Old 07 July 2012   #3
Do you sometimes use multiple monitors? It may have popped up off screen.

If so, you can find it in windowPrefs.mel and change the coords for that window.

Or a trick I do (on Windows) is make the window active by launching it again
eg. Animate > Set Driven Key > Set...

Now press "Alt-Space" then "m" then an arrow key.
Now the window should be attached to your mouse cursor. Place the window where you want and left-click.

Old 07 July 2012   #4
Originally Posted by 3Dmonkey: Do you sometimes use multiple monitors? It may have popped up off screen.

If so, you can find it in windowPrefs.mel and change the coords for that window.

Or a trick I do (on Windows) is make the window active by launching it again
eg. Animate > Set Driven Key > Set...

Now press "Alt-Space" then "m" then an arrow key.
Now the window should be attached to your mouse cursor. Place the window where you want and left-click.

This is a very nice tip! I just wish Windows or Maya would recognize that the monitor is no longer there and create it at it's default position.

Old 07 July 2012   #5
thanks all. ive managed to find it again, i think the multiple monitors was the case! but good to know for future! thanks again!

Old 07 July 2012   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread