best way to export shader networks and share with team?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2012   #1
best way to export shader networks and share with team?

Im in a team of about 20 people and Im creating shader networks to be used in a production. As it stands, we are currently getting our team to open up the latest maya file where im working on a shader. They open up the hypergraph, copy the network and paste it into whatever maya file they need.

Is there a better way to export shaders? This seems pedestrian.

Im using vray if that matters...

Old 07 July 2012   #2
well you got an export shading network in the hypershade..so could export your shading network to always keep a single file up to date with the shader so they could import that file only without going into your own file.

Old 07 July 2012   #3
this is pretty neat plugin, I have tested it with vray shaders, but I was using it for personal stuff, so I dont know how good it's for team work, but I think it should be fine.

http://www.3dg.dk/2011/08/12/sunday...ne-maya-public/

Old 07 July 2012   #4
thanks Toms993 I knew this tool and was searching for the name yesterday but couldn't find it , yes that seems like a good alternative easy to setup and use.

Old 07 July 2012   #5
there is actually another solution here it's just for a shader library, could be what you're looking for.
http://fullblownimages.servebeer.com/shaderlibrary/

Old 07 July 2012   #6
perfect guys, cant beleive I didnt think of referencing exported networks. Doh!!!

Old 10 October 2012   #7
Sunday Pipeline shaderball export?

Hey guys,

I used to use FBI Shader Library (great toolset), and recently switched to Sunday Pipeline. I have a nice shader library that was reclaimed from the FBI one and Deex's shader packs. The only problem now is that I can't figure out how to export shaders + thumbnails using Sunday Pipeline. Is this even possible, or does one have to use the original FBI shader lib tools?

Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by Stellios: perfect guys, cant beleive I didnt think of referencing exported networks. Doh!!!

Old 10 October 2012   #8
I have a free script on Creative Crash that will export and render out shader icons.
Its Called Ninja Asset. It is also a good prop asset tool.

http://www.creativecrash.com/maya/d...t/c/ninja-asset

Old 10 October 2012   #9
Hey, you can use Shader Monger, the best choice for creating own shader library and share it direct online with team. The sharing feature has been added in the recent version. It also creates nice thumbnails. Good luck.

shadermonger.com

Old 10 October 2012   #10
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread