Maya 2012 Service Pack 2

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2012
Quite a few fixes to the interactive split poly tool...will be testing this over the weekend. Good news, thanks Shawn

01 January 2012
i cannot use 3delight anymore. I know is off topic but hey! what's going on?

// Error: Object 'MayaWindow_DRP_camera_frame_layout' not found. //

01 January 2012
Subscription site works on OSX now. When did that get fixed?

01 January 2012
Originally Posted by elvis75k: i cannot use 3delight anymore. I know is off topic but hey! what's going on?

You probably have to reinstall it if it's put things inside the app. Same with V-Ray. Works fine after reinstall

01 January 2012
Originally Posted by elvis75k: i cannot use 3delight anymore. I know is off topic but hey! what's going on?

Which platform? If 3delight modifies any scripts or replaces scripts in the install path you may need to re-configure if the installer patched/overwrote them. Been a while since I've looked at 3delight so I'm not sure what would cause this error.

01 January 2012
How do I check what version of Maya I have installed? I got the student version last night and not sure if that download has the service packs applied.

When I try to install SP2 I get a generic "Maya is already installed" it doesn't say "Service Pack 2 is already installed"

01 January 2012
Originally Posted by conbom: How do I check what version of Maya I have installed? I got the student version last night and not sure if that download has the service packs applied.

When I try to install SP2 I get a generic "Maya is already installed" it doesn't say "Service Pack 2 is already installed"

You have to fully uninstall Maya, then reinstall. Its not a patch.

01 January 2012
Quote: You have to fully uninstall Maya, then reinstall. Its not a patch.

Thanks dmeyer.

01 January 2012
Originally Posted by conbom: How do I check what version of Maya I have installed? I got the student version last night and not sure if that download has the service packs applied.

After a fresh Install go to Help menu and select About Maya there you can see witch version.
Version: Autodesk Maya 2012 x64 Subscription Advantage Pack
Cut ID: bala bla bla
Cheers,

phenomena2008sp1.zip

01 January 2012
Originally Posted by BoostAbuse: Which platform? If 3delight modifies any scripts or replaces scripts in the install path you may need to re-configure if the installer patched/overwrote them. Been a while since I've looked at 3delight so I'm not sure what would cause this error.

no good. I guess i have to wait the 3delight team to fix this. Btw 3delight does not override any script at all; all the stuff is inside the 3dl folder. I have asked on their forum too.
Great release so far here on win7 64, the ae of some shader i wrote open very fast (600%) compared to the past and this alone is worth the update.

01 January 2012
Originally Posted by warnold: If you are on Maya 2012 SAP you want Maya 2012 SAP SP1
If you are on Maya 2012 SP1 you want Maya 2012 SP2

In the future it may be worthwhile to keep the SP numbers the same (e.g., call this SAP SP2 instead). I realize the internal logic behind the current naming scheme, but it has confused several people on this thread as well as myself, not to mention others here at work.

01 January 2012
Originally Posted by lostparanoia: looks like alot of annoying stuff has been fixed.

I have a small question though. in maya 2010 and earlier you could color pick stuff outside of maya. now you can't do that anymore. Is this something you intend to fix? that was an awesome feature of maya that has for some reason been removed.
Every time I need to color pick a company logo or other company specific color scemes I could just go to their homepage and color pick them. I now have to go to their homepage, download an image, open the images in photoshop, check the rgb values and then type them in by hand. or create a file texture node in maya, load the image and color pick from the swatch. it's quite annoying, since the feature actually used to be there but then was removed... ?

You don't have to go through PS, you can load the image directly into Maya's colour picker. Although it is slightly buggy as sometimes the picker changes the wrong colour on ramps but it works and is quicker than the PS method.

01 January 2012
wait.. there's a Service Pack for SAP? like SAP sp1 ?

Never heard of it yet

So users with the old SAP installer don't have the new bugfixes?

01 January 2012
COOL , did not download it yet , but when i read the entire thread it sounds like a great Update ! Thanx for informing me !

01 January 2012
Originally Posted by Hamburger: You don't have to go through PS, you can load the image directly into Maya's colour picker. Although it is slightly buggy as sometimes the picker changes the wrong colour on ramps but it works and is quicker than the PS method.

Ah, you are correct! I haven't seen this feature before. that speeds up the process a little bit at least. thanks.

Thread Closed share thread