Maya 2012 Service Pack 2

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2012   #16
thanks guys!

Old 01 January 2012   #17
Wow this is an amazing update. My timeline scrubbing performance is more than doubled. Maya in general feels much faster and responsive now.

Old 01 January 2012   #18
..mmmh...

This one:
Quote: MAYA‐9568 nParticle expression using opacity causing nCache crash

was sent by me. But I never got a autodesk reply, so I guess there were others complaining about that ;]

No alembic fix for meshes with bool history? Too bad...

Old 01 January 2012   #19
Weird one here. I downloaded the installer from the subscription area, extracted and installed fine on my 2nd 'test' PC here. Copied the installer to my main work PC and tried to install on that. Now I get a 'crc failed' for several items in the list as the installer unpacks and the installer won't run. Went back to the other PC and tried to run the installer again out of curiosity but now it's corrupt too.

Huh? Did the installer kill itself after install?! Time for another 1.5 GB download... :(

Cheers,
Brian

Old 01 January 2012   #20
Nice one Autodesk, thought we had to wait until 2013 for the next update. Bug fixing always welcome

Old 01 January 2012   #21
Originally Posted by Hamburger: Nice one Autodesk, thought we had to wait until 2013 for the next update. Bug fixing always welcome

to the community for helping us find some of these and doing us a solid favour submitting CER reports which helped on a number of them. Enjoy the update!

Old 01 January 2012   #22
ya, solid update. only criticism is that there's no SAP with these fixes rolled in (unless they are in the SAP already, but I don't think so). I want my V-Ray + node editor

Old 01 January 2012   #23
2012 SAP SP1 has all of the 2012 SP2 updates

Old 01 January 2012   #24
Finally got it installed 3 downloads later. Wow the UI is much faster, even the Mental Ray Quality tab pops open almost instantly now. Fantastic work guys!

Cheers,
Brian

Old 01 January 2012   #25
Originally Posted by warnold: 2012 SAP SP1 has all of the 2012 SP2 updates

grabbing now - thanks.

Old 01 January 2012   #26
Originally Posted by Horganovski: Finally got it installed 3 downloads later. Wow the UI is much faster, even the Mental Ray Quality tab pops open almost instantly now. Fantastic work guys!

Cheers,
Brian

Good to hear someone else mention it. I was not sure if it was placebo on my end or what. It feels so much faster and responsive now.

Old 01 January 2012   #27
That Quality tab used to take at least 3-4 seconds to open (felt like longer sometimes ; ) ) but it's very snappy now, as is the Hypershade, which was another one that was slow to load here.

The scrubbing does seem faster too, I have an awesome Victor Vinyals rig here that's got some nice bells and whistles in it (courtesy of iAnimate), and while the response was pretty decent to begin with, it's flying now, even with two updating viewports running.

Cheers,
Brian

Old 01 January 2012   #28
Thanks Autodesk Guys, i love you.

Old 01 January 2012   #29
Originally Posted by warnold: 2012 SAP SP1 has all of the 2012 SP2 updates

Sorry for my confusion. Should I download SP 1 or SP 2 ?

Old 01 January 2012   #30
If you are on Maya 2012 SAP you want Maya 2012 SAP SP1
If you are on Maya 2012 SP1 you want Maya 2012 SP2

Thread Closed share thread