Maya 2012 Service Pack 2

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2012   #1
Maya 2012 Service Pack 2

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servle...&linkID=9242259

List of what is fixed can be found here: http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/fil...2readme_enu.pdf

-s

Old 01 January 2012   #2
As always Boost, thanks for the updates here!

Old 01 January 2012   #3
Cheers Shawn, by the way, I don't see the 25% Cpu bug with the floating license calls fix on the list, I'm assuming it was rolled out in this?

Old 01 January 2012   #4
Mark do you have a BUG # for that one and I can check?

Old 01 January 2012   #5
It was a service request for which we got a patched build rushed through from Owen. 06794824

cheers mate

Old 01 January 2012   #6
Nice update a lot of bug fixed ! Thanks for the infos

phenomena2008sp1.zip

Old 01 January 2012   #7
Are these Fixes in the new "Service Pack 1 for Autodesk Maya 2012 Subscription Advantage Pack" from today?

Old 01 January 2012   #8
The new bugs are out.

Old 01 January 2012   #9
Curious about the SAP version too, it's not that clear to me when I look at the available downloads if it's the same as the SP2 version or not.

Having said that the SAP version I installed a few months ago is rock solid here for me most of the time so I'm in no hurry to replace it

Cheers,
Brian

Old 01 January 2012   #10
Yes, the SAP SP1 has the SP2 changes included., its a naming thing, this is the 1st update to SAP, so its SP1, but it includes all of the 2012 SP2 changes

Old 01 January 2012   #11
Originally Posted by Mark-J: It was a service request for which we got a patched build rushed through from Owen. 06794824

cheers mate

Yep - this should be in the 2012 SP2.

Originally Posted by sdserbos: The new bugs are out.

You know I don't feed the trolls until after dinner.

Old 01 January 2012   #12
mmmm... reheated bugs!

Old 01 January 2012   #13
looks like alot of annoying stuff has been fixed.

I have a small question though. in maya 2010 and earlier you could color pick stuff outside of maya. now you can't do that anymore. Is this something you intend to fix? that was an awesome feature of maya that has for some reason been removed.
Every time I need to color pick a company logo or other company specific color scemes I could just go to their homepage and color pick them. I now have to go to their homepage, download an image, open the images in photoshop, check the rgb values and then type them in by hand. or create a file texture node in maya, load the image and color pick from the swatch. it's quite annoying, since the feature actually used to be there but then was removed... ?

Old 01 January 2012   #14
With regards to the colour picker that's actually a limitation of QT and there are some rather nasty problems involved trying to implement the picking outside the main application window. It wasn't that we wanted or intended to have to lose that ability but at the time there was no other way around it we could find.

Old 01 January 2012   #15
Originally Posted by warnold: Yes, the SAP SP1 has the SP2 changes included., its a naming thing, this is the 1st update to SAP, so its SP1, but it includes all of the 2012 SP2 changes

Thanks, when I log into the subscription area I just see 'Autodesk Maya 2012 English Japanese Win 64bit' so not sure if that is SAP SP1 or not, I guess I'll download and see. In the download log it says I haven't downloaded it yet so I'm hoping it is rather than a 1.5gb waste of bandwidth

Cheers,
Brian

Thread Closed share thread