Sunday Pipeline (Maya) Public release

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2011   #46
Great tools btw. I have one question:
"Maya To After Effects Export Tool" --> What does this include? Automatic camera transfer?! What else...

Old 08 August 2011   #47
Originally Posted by jasonhuang1115: Cheers for the Sunday Pipeline (Nuke) and maybe bring some cool features to enhance the inter-op between Maya and Nuke.

Will this pipeline tool become a commercial plug-in at some point when it's really popular?

@Jasonhaug1115: I can safely say that Sunday Pipeline (Maya) Public edition will never cost anything. Even as it grows. As you might guess it is released to draw some attention to studio behind the name product name - Sunday Animation Studio, but mostly it's me trying to give back to the CG community with stuff I already made (or working on) to use in our own production.

Old 08 August 2011   #48
Originally Posted by kuschel33: Great tools btw. I have one question:
"Maya To After Effects Export Tool" --> What does this include? Automatic camera transfer?! What else...

Camera and locators - the two things AE accepts from a Maya Ascii file. It's just an automated process but a tedious one if you have to do it manually every time We use it alot to place e.g. lens flares and particular stuff in post.
The tool dublicates the selected camera (and locators) and constraints them to the original and move them to world space so they would line up perfectly when exported - no double transform problems. Then it bakes the, correctly named (*NULL*), dublicated nodes and exports them. And the Force check boxes fixes problems that would make the Maya Ascii save fail or camera to have wrong focal in AE.

Last edited by cesboa : 08 August 2011 at 12:01 PM.

Old 08 August 2011   #49
Thumbs up

Hi all,
Just to say that i have converted/cleaned/organized 271 Vray for Maya shaders. All originals shaders are from Chaos group forum, from an user : Bazuka. Thanks to him. I have cleaned all .ma scene, delete some « require » plugin, set the good texture path, rename all file, convert renders images to .png, etc etc

http://deex.info/wordpress2/2011/08/deex-vray-shader/

Old 08 August 2011   #50
what is the password? every time that I tried to unrar is saying that I need a pass ...

Old 08 August 2011   #51
Originally Posted by SePu: what is the password? every time that I tried to unrar is saying that I need a pass ...

Oh sorry : deex.info

Old 08 August 2011   #52
Another Vray shadercompilation

if anyone missed this:
http://www.jonasavrin.com/2011/08/2...shader_library/

Old 09 September 2011   #53
Thanks! Suggestions!

Hi,

First - just wanted to say a big THANK YOU for releasing this as a free tool for the public. This is a great contribution to the community and I am really enjoying using it. I previously used the FBI Shader Library and have been looking for something in constant development with expanded options. Very appreciative!

I just wanted to make a few suggestions for adjustments/suggestions/additions:

Adjustments:
- Change thumbnail handling to better support non-square images (such as the ones found in the DeeX library). Specifically, alter the image fit so it centers non-square and fills the cell based on longest edge.
- Add QT dock-able windows, make them re-sizable.

Suggestions:
- Consolidate Animation Tools (and other future tools) into the Warehouse Browser. I suggest the browser have tabs like Projects / Assets / Animation Tools / Lighting Tools / Scripts / Etc. It should be the central location for anything being brought into a scene. As it stands now there are multiple windows, some a little redundant, that could be consolidated.

- Change the Warehouse Create into more of a Warehouse Manager. I like the idea of having one place to bring things in (Browser) and one place to control (Manager). Remove the minus (-) icon and the Reveal Warehouse from the Warehouse Browser, add it into the Manager. Add an option in the Browser to switch to the Manager. Also, put Warehouse settings into the Manager. The Manager could control what modules actually show up in the Browser with toggles to turn off certain tools/functionality.

Additions:
- I use a tool called sIBL GUI from HDR labs and I immediately thought it would be great if you could collaborate with them in some way. It would be cool to either add in some of their functionality or basic light setups to Sunday.

- A cool looking set of shelf icons, just because.

Sorry for the long winded post - just excited about this tool and looking forward to seeing where it goes. Thanks again,

-NB

Old 09 September 2011   #54
@nbreslow

Thanks alot for the kind words and suggestions

Originally Posted by nbreslow: - Change thumbnail handling to better support non-square images (such as the ones found in the DeeX library). Specifically, alter the image fit so it centers non-square and fills the cell based on longest edge.
- Add QT dock-able windows, make them re-sizable.

- Dynamic thumbnail ratio is a bit tricky because I haven't found a way in standard python to read out pixel information. I could use 3. party library (like PIL or Image) but I try to keep everything within the limits os Maya python libs and standard python 2.6. A workaround would be to manually enter image size and the Browser could read it out from the asset info file. If anyone have a suggestion I'm all ears
- The Browser is now dock-able. But I agree and I will strive make more dockable UI. I have tried to make resize width with floating assets in Warehouse when I created the initial version but it's not as straight forward as I have hoped - I will give it another go soon

Originally Posted by nbreslow: Suggestions:
- Consolidate Animation Tools (and other future tools) into the Warehouse Browser. I suggest the browser have tabs like Projects / Assets / Animation Tools / Lighting Tools / Scripts / Etc. It should be the central location for anything being brought into a scene. As it stands now there are multiple windows, some a little redundant, that could be consolidated.

- I think I can follow chain of thought but It would require a lot of work… It would be a Sunday Tool with everything? I like the tab idea. Tools are brought over the public when i have made them ready, the tools that needs to work outside our in-house pipeline needs to be more generic and polished. I agree some could be consolidated but many of the tools are created to work with a specific project or problem and I don't always have time to think about how to make them work better together. The Controller and Locator tool should be one tool it's on the list.

Originally Posted by nbreslow: - Change the Warehouse Create into more of a Warehouse Manager. I like the idea of having one place to bring things in (Browser) and one place to control (Manager). Remove the minus (-) icon and the Reveal Warehouse from the Warehouse Browser, add it into the Manager. Add an option in the Browser to switch to the Manager. Also, put Warehouse settings into the Manager. The Manager could control what modules actually show up in the Browser with toggles to turn off certain tools/functionality.

The warehouse create and browser could also be thrown together. Of the two the Browser is used 98% of the time… I have to think a bit about this question

Originally Posted by nbreslow: Additions:
- I use a tool called sIBL GUI from HDR labs and I immediately thought it would be great if you could collaborate with them in some way. It would be cool to either add in some of their functionality or basic light setups to Sunday.

I have tried sIBL before, great idea to do something like that. It's very easy to do light setups etc. in the pipeline because of the post import script feature.

Originally Posted by nbreslow: - A cool looking set of shelf icons, just because.

The icons are there under images.
The internal pipeline have a custom shelf thingy - because I don't really like the standard shelf + it's kinda limited.
It needs some work before it can go public because it should be easy to customize - but that hasn't been a priority for the internal version (like so much else)

etc….

Again thanks for your great feedback I really love to hear how other thinks of it and how to do it better

Old 09 September 2011   #55
Follow up...

Hi,

Thanks for considering my post so carefully.

I did a quick search to see if there is a pure python solution to the thumbnail issue - everything I saw relied on PIL. I'll keep an eye out, there must be a pure python solution out there.

You completely get what I am saying - make the Warehouse Browser the only window. Initially it might be a bit of work to put what you have already made into a single window with tabs but I think in the long run it would pay off. You could make a basic template and every time you make a new asset class, use the template as a starting point and then customize some of the options. It would be a lot like a website with a consistent header that never reloads, but the content can vary. Consistent elements would be things like the title, tab bar, button to open the Warehouse Manager, the thumbnail window, thumbnail size options, etc. The custom stuff could slot in below.

I think the only stuff that shouldn't be in the Browser is the File I/O, Rendering Tools - they could go in a "Warehouse Tools" window with a similar tab setup: Import / Export / Convert / Render Tools / etc.

You are really onto something with this project - it is like I read on Dave Girard's blog about how we would all like a more functional version of the Visor. You have already done that and more with the tools you added. My way of thinking is that everything is broken down into Assets (the elements of a scene - models, lights, locators), Tools (the processes that make the scene work - scripts, i/o, render process) and Management (a way to control some of the global settings of the Sunday tool set).

As I use it more and more I'll try to contribute some files to the assets - lighting would be great and so would scenes to generate lighting like a cube map maker scene, spherical map maker scene, etc.

Glad you have the cool icons, thanks for the heads up. Look forward to seeing how this evolves!

-NBreslow

Old 09 September 2011   #56
Hello,

Updated to 0.5, I get this error:

Quote: # # c:\users\xxx\appdata\local\temp\SundayInstallPipel inePublicPy.py:23: RuntimeWarning: Parent module 'module' not found while handling absolute import import maya.cmds as cmds
# # c:\users\xxx\appdata\local\temp\SundayInstallPipel inePublicPy.py:24: RuntimeWarning: Parent module 'module' not found while handling absolute import
import maya.mel as mel
# # c:\users\xxx\appdata\local\temp\SundayInstallPipel inePublicPy.py:26: RuntimeWarning: Parent module 'module' not found while handling absolute import
import os
# # c:\users\xxx\appdata\local\temp\SundayInstallPipel inePublicPy.py:27: RuntimeWarning: Parent module 'module' not found while handling absolute import
import time
# # c:\users\xxx\appdata\local\temp\SundayInstallPipel inePublicPy.py:29: RuntimeWarning: Parent module 'module' not found while handling absolute import
import urllib2, zipfile, shutil, tempfile, imp
Sunday Pipeline Is Up To Date. Current Version: 0.5
// Error: setParent: Object 'MayaWindow|MainChannelsLayersLayout|ChannelsLayer sPaneLayout|ChannelBoxForm|menuBarLayout1|frameLay out1|mainChannelBox|popupMenu1' not found. //
// Error: RuntimeError: Error occurred during execution of MEL script
file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2012/scripts/startup/generateChannelMenu.mel line 104: setParent: Object 'MayaWindow|MainChannelsLayersLayout|ChannelsLayer sPaneLayout|ChannelBoxForm|menuBarLayout1|frameLay out1|mainChannelBox|popupMenu1' not found. //
// Warning: Failed to call script initialize function //
// Error: (SundayPluginPublic) //
// Warning: waitCursor stack empty //

And no sunday menu :(

edit: correction. When reloading I get a sunday menu and everything works. However, sunday pipline is unticked in the plugin manager and that error appears when I try to check it.

Last edited by Ekenryd : 09 September 2011 at 05:44 PM.

Old 09 September 2011   #57
Originally Posted by Ekenryd: Hello,

Updated to 0.5, I get this error:

And no sunday menu :(

edit: correction. When reloading I get a sunday menu and everything works. However, sunday pipline is unticked in the plugin manager and that error appears when I try to check it.

Hi Ekenryd. Thats strange Maybe the plugin wasn't unloaded properly after 0.5 update. If you restart maya is the sunday menu still there?

Old 09 September 2011   #58
Everytime I start maya the plugin is unloaded and I have no sunday menu. If I set "loaded" and "auto-load", I get the error and they remain unchecked, however the sunday menu shows up. So it seems to be working but I have to reload it every time. No biggie.

And the asset info-display that I said didn´t work earlier in this thread still doesn´t work just wanted to let you know if you have tried to fix it.

Old 09 September 2011   #59
Originally Posted by Ekenryd: Everytime I start maya the plugin is unloaded and I have no sunday menu. If I set "loaded" and "auto-load", I get the error and they remain unchecked, however the sunday menu shows up. So it seems to be working but I have to reload it every time. No biggie.

And the asset info-display that I said didn´t work earlier in this thread still doesn´t work just wanted to let you know if you have tried to fix it.

Do you have the channelbox undocked or in other ways changed from standard?
If you have the time could you enable "echo all commands" and right click an channelbox attribute and paste the result?
On every Maya over version 2011 I have used I get the following path: MayaWindow|MainChannelsLayersLayout|ChannelsLayers PaneLayout|ChannelBoxForm|menuBarLayout1|frameLayo ut1|mainChannelBox|popupMenu1

I hope the error is solved by using a nicer way to get the full channelbox path. Can you try running this and paste the result:
import maya.cmds as cmds
import maya.mel as mel

channelBoxMenu = (cmds.channelBox (mel.eval('$temp=$gChannelBoxName'), query=True, fullPathName=True) + '|popupMenu1')
print channelBoxMenu

But strangely that's what throws the error for you - did you have any problems in 0.3/0.4? The channelbox menu was introduced in 0.3 and I haven't changed it since

Anybody else run into this problem?

Old 09 September 2011   #60
Just had a chance to play around with it for a few minutes and I can honestly say that I am blown away at the quality that's been produced and the fact that you're giving it away.

I will definitely be using it in our pipeline and hopefully on our current project (if time allows)

This will save me so much time in organizing....

I wish you the best!

Thread Closed share thread