Sunday Pipeline (Maya) Public release

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2011   #31
Originally Posted by Ekenryd:
D:\My Documents\3D o 2D\Material\Sunday Warehouse\Studio Setups\General\Multistudio for Mental Ray

is the full path to the asset. The notes are there in the .info file, but does not show. Win 7 64-bit, maya 2012. No special characters in the path. If you mean in the notes, the only one I used is "-". I also tried using the default note-text, "No Info!", but it doesn´t show either.

Okay thanks, I will look into it asap!! Thanks for reporting the bug!

Old 08 August 2011   #32
Originally Posted by Ekenryd: Is the resources site going to be closed or open so that everyone can share materials and objects? It would be very cool if this could be some new kind of community-sharing-stuff-with-eachother plugin, although I understand if you want to keep it closed (quality control, bandwidth, etc).

edit: ah just read what the description said.

Sounds reasonable, everyone can share but with a quality control so you dont have to wade through different colored lambert mats

Just a quick heads up, Paul Dreisen has given me authorization to redistribute his shader library. I have converted most of them so they work in the Warehouse - they will be uploaded later in the week. A few packs and the V-Ray Ball Scene is ready for download: http://www.3dg.dk/?p=785

Old 08 August 2011   #33
Awesome thanks! and of course to Paul as well!

Old 08 August 2011   #34
ya, Paul is a great guy. He let me put his mental ray to V-Ray material converter code in V-Ray Tuner.

Old 08 August 2011   #35
I have moved a couple of our Animation tools to the Public Pipeline. I made a little video (currently converting @ Vimeo).

Animation Tools screenshot:

I have also fixed some bugs and added additional features in the Warehouse. I have got some great feedback - thanks a lot you guys

Change log for Beta 0.3:
- New Animation Tools: Locator, Controller and Between Tools.
- Warehouse Create Export to Binary and Ascii
- Warehouse Create Export and View Collada (.dae) file option
- Warehouse Browser Reference option
- Warehouse Browser View Collada (.dae) File on right click
- Warehouse Browser Reveal Asset on right click
- Warehouse Browser Open original on right click
- Warehouse Browser Refersh
- General Warehouse bug fixes, mostly on Windows.
- 3 Channelbox Menu Items Added: Clone Name, Clone Value and Move Attribute to Bottom.
- Pipeline Help Menu Item Added
- View “Change Log” when updating, available on next update.

I have also changed the Permalink structure on my website - I hope it hasn't affected anything except the "social" interactions with the site

http://www.3dg.dk/2011/08/12/sunday...public-sort-of/

edit:
I have had a few questions on how to create the post import python script in the Warehouse. I have made a page that describes it and released a scene (MR:Purple Light Scene) for the Warehouse that has a post script included:
http://www.3dg.dk/2011/08/13/sunday...ouse-resources/

The post import script page: http://www.3dg.dk/2011/08/13/sunday...-import-script/

Last edited by cesboa : 08 August 2011 at 10:16 PM.

Old 08 August 2011   #36
Again, fun to open maya and see a new update

Anyhow, here´s a bug I think:

Whenever I try one of the right-click options on an asset, I get this error:

# Error: RuntimeError: Unable to open document 'D:\My DocumentsD o 2D\Material\Sunday Warehouse/Mental Ray Materials - Egna/Special/Chrome01/Chrome01.png'. # 

If you have a look at the path, it say
D:\My DocumentsD o 2D\...
while the real path should be
D:\My Documents\3D o 2D\...
(in maya, the  character looks like a weird L). If I import the asset, everything works as expected. So, some kind of interpretation error of numbers in pathways? Like it tries to make a smiley with 3 and \

Old 08 August 2011   #37
Originally Posted by Ekenryd: Again, fun to open maya and see a new update

# Error: RuntimeError: Unable to open document 'D:\My DocumentsD o 2D\Material\Sunday Warehouse/Mental Ray Materials - Egna/Special/Chrome01/Chrome01.png'. # 

If you have a look at the path, it say while the real path should be (in maya, the  character looks like a weird L). If I import the asset, everything works as expected. So, some kind of interpretation error of numbers in pathways? Like it tries to make a smiley with 3 and \

Crap, I hoped that bug was gone. But I looks like I need to do some more testing on Windows. I'll try to create the exact same setup later to day or tomorrow so I can have a fix out asap

Old 08 August 2011   #38
@cesboa, how i can export only shader network? When i select my shader network and create warehouse, it exports also geometry.
I want them work like those vray shader presets from your website

Old 08 August 2011   #39
Originally Posted by Toms993: @cesboa, how i can export only shader network? When i select my shader network and create warehouse, it exports also geometry.

I will check up on it asap.

Old 08 August 2011   #40
Originally Posted by Ekenryd: Again, fun to open maya and see a new update

If you have a look at the path, it say while the real path should be (in maya, the  character looks like a weird L). If I import the asset, everything works as expected. So, some kind of interpretation error of numbers in pathways? Like it tries to make a smiley with 3 and \

Oh I think I found the error. Are you using back-slashes or front-slashes when setting the Warehouse Path. I get the same error if I write the path "Windows Style" with backslashes but if I use the Path button and locate the directory it's working fine. If you are using backslash could you try it the other way around .
It's fixed and will be included in the next update.

Old 08 August 2011   #41
Originally Posted by Toms993: @cesboa, how i can export only shader network? When i select my shader network and create warehouse, it exports also geometry.

Hi toms993. I found the bug
So it has been fixed and will be included in the next update.

Old 08 August 2011   #42
Originally Posted by cesboa: Hi toms993. I found the bug
So it has been fixed and will be included in the next update.

Thanks!

Old 08 August 2011   #43

The "Shader Only" import and export bug has been fixed And some more stuff have been added.

0.4 Change Log:
Maya To After Effects Export Tool
Warehouse Create “Post Import Script” option
Warehouse Browser “Run Post Import Script” option
Warehouse Only export shader fixed
Warehouse Only import shader texture path fixed (Set Texture Path To Project)
Warehouse Windows backslash path now acceptable in the Warehouse setup
3 Small Project Functions:
Set Project and Open Scene (Browse to Maya Scene file and sets the path the correct project/workspace before opening the scene)
Set Project from Scene (Set the Project/Workspace to the current open scene)
Reveal Project (Opens the project/workspace in the Finder/Explorer/”Linux Equal”)

I Think the Post Import Script is a killer feature It's has been in the Warehouse since version 0.1 - but now it's more accessible and there is a flew examples on my website.

A few days ago I posted the Sunday Pipeline (Maya) install and update python source code.
http://www.3dg.dk/2011/08/23/sunday...pt-source-code/

By the way I call it Sunday Pipeline (Maya) because there could be a Sunday Pipeline (Nuke) on the way ...

Old 08 August 2011   #44
Awesome!!! Dude thanks so much for this and I'm very much looking forward to Nuke version!

Old 08 August 2011   #45
Cheers for the Sunday Pipeline (Nuke) and maybe bring some cool features to enhance the inter-op between Maya and Nuke.

Will this pipeline tool become a commercial plug-in at some point when it's really popular?

Thread Closed share thread