Ninja Dojo Mel Script

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2012
Ninja Dojo 4.6

A new video on installing and UI updates can be viewd here:
http://youtu.be/QMsNNl9JHCo?hd=1

4.6 updates

Ninja Dojo 4.6
1. Added an outliner tab. Fixed a bug where the outliner wouldnt show if ninja dojo was loaded at startup in the userSetup.mel
2. Added collapse and expand for SideKick. This only works in 2011 and above.
3. Set Side Kick Mode to be default. You can use the [>] [<] to expand and collapse the side kick.
4. Streamlined The ninja buttons and reubuilt icons.
5. Added a bonus button. This will launch the bonus tools inside the Ninja Dojo instead of launching a new window for the tool.
6. Removed Add Outliner in the UI menu.. This is no longer nessary.
7. Remove Side Kick Right in the UI menu. This is no longer nessary.
8. Removed Dock Modes in the UI menu. This is no loger nessary.
9. Fixed a bug when running Ninja Dojo for the first time would not build all the UI.
10.Fixed a bug when creating the Ninja Dojo right after running the script the first time.

Ninja Mesh 2.4
1. Added search and replace in the Copy tools
2. Fixed a renaming bug in the Replace Objects when you had nested objects and you have "Keep Target Names" checked on
3. Added World Space Align
4. Changed the align UI

Ninja UV 3.3
1. Updated Atlas bake. It now has an option to overlap uv's if object names are similar. It also has options to group and duplicate the objects.

Changed Column_gen to Ninja Column

05 May 2012
Ninja Tools is a must!

Hi Brian,

After try the last UI, I really love Ninja Tool's!!
I don't try all features (there are a lot!) but for my architecture works this is awesome.
I'm trying to work with ninja alone without modelling shelves, windows setups... but I have a couple problems (perhaps is my fault)
- When I create a primitive, this don't place at zero world (although if a put 0 in the translate inputs the place is fixed), nothing important but sometimes it help me.
- The other one I'm not sure if has been added. I'm work in real scale for real proyects and sometimes I need to insert an edge pararell to another one at a given distance, there is any way to control this?

Forgot to mention, I'm on Maya 2012.

Thanks in advanced.

05 May 2012
Originally Posted by MoisesRico: Hi Brian,

After try the last UI, I really love Ninja Tool's!!
I don't try all features (there are a lot!) but for my architecture works this is awesome.
I'm trying to work with ninja alone without modelling shelves, windows setups... but I have a couple problems (perhaps is my fault)
- When I create a primitive, this don't place at zero world (although if a put 0 in the translate inputs the place is fixed), nothing important but sometimes it help me.
- The other one I'm not sure if has been added. I'm work in real scale for real proyects and sometimes I need to insert an edge pararell to another one at a given distance, there is any way to control this?

Forgot to mention, I'm on Maya 2012.

Thanks in advanced.

glad you like the tools.
I can implement a double click so it creates a primitive at 0 0 0 with a size of 1 1 1.
The insert edge loop might be harder to implement.. Maya isn't the best for accurate modeling like autocad or 3dsmax.

I will be updating the tools within a week or so with some fixes and improvements. Ill make sure to have the primitive creation in for that release.

05 May 2012
Originally Posted by bk3d: New Ninja Dojo Demo Video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWrH_gAPCHY&hd=1

Excellent, really useful having videos of you demonstrating their uses !

05 May 2012
thanks Raging Bull,

I do need to make more videos.. but it such a time suck. I'll try to make more videos. wish mel had a way to link youtube vids into maya. still trying to find a way to do it.

Brian

06 June 2012
Ninja Dojo 4.7

I have updated Ninja Dojo Black Belt and Grand Master to 4.7. It is available for download on the Ninja Dojo Site and Creative Crash.

Below are the list of changes and updates:
4.7 updates

Ninja Dojo 4.7
1. updated button icons for Ninja Mesh
2. updated button icons for Ninja UV
3. Bonus Scripts are now 3 columns instead of 2 an no longer have the Ninja_ prefix in the name.
4. fixed a bug with Exit Ninja Dojo that would cause the channel box to not open the next time restarting Ninja Dojo.
5. Layers: added Sel obj layer. You can select an object and click [Sel obj layer]. This will select the layer the object is in.
6. Layers: added Hide obj layer. You can select an object and click [Hide obj layer]. This will set the objects layer not Visible.
7. Added Clean Light Links under the help menu

Ninja UV 3.4
1. pmap: Added map1 to Create Projection UV's
2. pmap: Added apply material to Bake Texture
3. fixed an issue with straighten uvs. Fixed a bug that would remove uv's when an object had multiple uv shells and had shared edges.
4. fixed a bug with bake AO.
5. fixed an issue with Texture Atlas

Ninja Mesh 2.5
1. added store transforms and paste transforms. This will store translation, rotation, and scale of selected objects to a text file. You can then paste those into another maya scene. This is useful if you are working on multiple versions of file.
2. added support for creating multiple tubes with multiple splines selected
3. Mesh optimization: added Multi Edge Delete.
4. Mesh optimization: added Multi Edge Ring Collapse: Allows you to do a edge ring collapse on multiple objects.
5. Mesh optimization: added Multi Edge Loop Delete: Allows you to do a edge loop delete on multiple objects.
6. Search and Replace by name. the search and replace button will always update the search text to what ever is selected.
7. added Align Objects by Components. This will snap objects together by selected components. The Last component will be the target component.
8. added double click on primitive creation. This will create a primitive at 0 0 0 with a size of 1.

Ninja Asset 1.1
1. added ability to import and place to component selection.

Ninja Fracture 5.1
1. Updated UI : Added an Advanced Options rollout.
2. Updated UI: renamed dynamics tab to FX

New Tools
Ninja_Connect. This allows you to connect 2 mayas in real time for edits when working on multiple versions of a file. This is located in the Bonus Section

Misc
removed column gen and Kam Mapper in the bonus tools of Ninja City. These would cause conflicts with Ninja Column and Ninja UV
updated Web Page. there are now videos on the tools pages
To update the Icons.. you will need to run the Install Icons under the Help Menu then restart the Dojo. If you are using maya 2010 or below you will have to restart Maya.

06 June 2012
Upgrading Ninja Dojo

Everyone who has purchased any of the Ninja Dojo Tools do get free upgrades for life.

If you have purchased it thru Creative Crash.. You will need to log into creative crash. go to your dashboard. Under the purchases tab you can get the newest version. I do not get any information of who has purchased through creative crash. If you lose your login information you will need to contact Creative Crash.

If you have purchased it directly through the Ninja Dojo Site .. i do keep a record of usernames and passwords. If you have lost your login information please send me a copy of your receipt from Pay Pal and i will send you your login info.

Thanks,
Brian

06 June 2012
Little test

Hi Brian,

I must be confess I don't check all new features but is true I check the new&old features and I found a couple issues.

- No really important but double click to create a 0 0 0 primitive don't work for me.
- With the last update I can't import scenes in the Asset (a cool feature here can be put a default directory instead to navigate along subfolders).

There are a lot of cool features to check but at this moment I found this couple.

PD: Not sure if is a Ninja Tool feature but since last update Maya is freeze in random times and some times the whole pc... not sure because I installed the latest drivers from nVidia at the same time. I need to reinstall both to verify.

Cheers,
Moisés Rico.

06 June 2012
Originally Posted by MoisesRico: Hi Brian,

I must be confess I don't check all new features but is true I check the new&old features and I found a couple issues.

- No really important but double click to create a 0 0 0 primitive don't work for me.
- With the last update I can't import scenes in the Asset (a cool feature here can be put a default directory instead to navigate along subfolders).

There are a lot of cool features to check but at this moment I found this couple.

PD: Not sure if is a Ninja Tool feature but since last update Maya is freeze in random times and some times the whole pc... not sure because I installed the latest drivers from nVidia at the same time. I need to reinstall both to verify.

Cheers,
Moisés Rico.

Hey Moisés Rico,

for the double click of creating primitives. It only works in 2011 and above.
Asset Manager. Yeah it looks like the changes i made broke the import. You can right click the icon and click import at selection. That seems to work. I'll fix this asap.

Also there is a bookmarking system for the Assest manager. Browse to the directory you want to bookmark .. right click in the bookmark area and click the add bookmark. You can also hilight a bookmark directory and remove it.

As for the crash.. i doubt its ninja dojo. but if you do find that it is please do tell me how to reproduce it.. i use Ninja Dojo on a daily basis and don't get crashes from it.

06 June 2012
Ninja Dojo Group on Linked In

Hey i have created a New Group on linkedin for Ninja Dojo. You can post bugs, feature requests, or anything related to Ninja Dojo.
If you are on linkedin and use Ninja Dojo please join the group.

http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=...6&trk=hb_side_g

07 July 2012
Ninja Dojo 5.0

Available on Creative Crash and on the Ninja Dojo Page

5.0 updates
Ninja Dojo 5.0
1. Sidekick is now working in Full Mode. Full mode is now a dockable window. Full Mode works only in 2011+
2. Custom shelfs no longer get saved in the Maya shelves direcotry. This was changed do to users having multiple shelf directories. They will now get saved in /Users/Name/Documents/maya/NinjaDojo/Shelves + maya version/
3. Migrating The shelfs. Under Help click on Migrate Shelves (v5.0) you will only need to run this once.

Ninja Mesh 2.6
1. Scatter: Removed the interactive Density Change.
2. Optimize Mesh.. Ninja Delete Edge will delete selected edges across multiple objects. Ninja Edge Loop Delete will edge loop delete across multiple objects. Ninja Edge Ring Collapse will work across multiple objects
3. Added Edge loop grow +1
4. Cleaned up Bounding Box/Plane UI

Ninja UV 3.5
1. added Ninja Mapping preview. This will preview 3 different unfold methods. you can then choose which one to use
2. Changed default Path to where Textures get baked. They now get baked in the ../maya/NinjaDojo/NinjaBake/ directory.

Ninja Asset 1.2
1. fixed regular import
2 Added button to render all icons in bar mode
3. Added button to refresh the Icons in bar mode and full mode
4. Added error checking to auto refresh icons. The auto refresh will crash 2013.
5. Added a button to Render Scene Icon
6. Added a button to Browse directly to the opened maya scene
7. Changed the format that the preview is rendered to. This is due to compatibility issues with mac OS.

Ninja SpeedBox 1.5
1. Shelfs no longer get saved in the maya shelf folder. This was changed do to users having multiple shelf directories. They will now get saved in /Users/Name/Documents/maya/NinjaDojo/Shelves + maya version/
2. If you Have saved Speed Shelves. You will see a button in the None Shelf called "Migrate". You will have to run this once to migrate all your speed shelves to the new direcotry

Ninja City 3.2
1. fixed a bug where if you had childeren linked to a module the script would error.

08 August 2012
Hey Brian, just curious -- what percentage of your scripts are pure MEL? Do you use Python or the API for any of these?

I find it pretty remarkable looking through the ninja tools, I've written my own versions of probably two-thirds of these tools over the last few years. I even wrote my own city generator.

Thread Closed share thread