Ninja Dojo Mel Script

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2012
Brian, is there anyway for us that bought Black Belt or Grand Master through Creative Crash to get the Bonus Tools?

03 March 2012
Originally Posted by esper77: Brian, is there anyway for us that bought Black Belt or Grand Master through Creative Crash to get the Bonus Tools?

I have uploaded the Ninja Topo Tool on Creative Crash seperately. As for the Ninja column script.. you should already have that one. It just takes some time for Creative Crash to post new uploads.. Keep an eye out for it on Creative Crash.

03 March 2012
Ninja Topo video

I have posted a quick tutorial on how to use the Ninja Topo tools on You Tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drQsYROMgrU

03 March 2012
Cheers for doing the videos as well, really useful

03 March 2012
Ninja SideKick

good news.. I got Ninja Sidekick working in 2011 and above without it crashing.. This will be released in the next update.

03 March 2012
Originally Posted by esper77: Love your work Brian! I've been using your scripts for the past few months and they've saved me a lot of time. Don't know if you take requests for features, but I have a couple. For mirroring geo, would it be possible to have an option for instancing, not just copying? Also, it seems like there isn't a way to copy UVs from one object across multiple objects. It would be awesome if this could this be implemented as well. I also had a question about the straighten UV edges feature. This seems to work best when there is only one UV shell for the object. That is, when I have multiple UV shells for an object and I want to straighten the edges for one shell it tries to straighten all UV shells for the object and 9 times out of 10 it doesn't give desirable results. The only workaround I have found it to detach the polys containing the shell then use the straighten feature. Is there a workaround for this so I don't have to detach the shell? Any help on these would be much appreciated. Keep up the great work!

Ok i think i got a solution for the straightening UV's with multiple shells. If you would like to test this out for me.. just email me at brian@bk3d.com.

03 March 2012
need a zbrush head model

hey i need a good zbrush model in obj or maya format to help improve my Ninja_Topo tool. If anyone has one they can lend me i would appreciate it. I promise to give it back .

03 March 2012
4.5 Update

4.5 updates

Ninja Dojo 4.5
1. Fixed Ninja Sidekick to work with 2011 and above

Ninja Topo 1.0
1. Added Ninja_Topo Tool in Bonus Tools

Ninja_UV 3.2
1. fixed an issue with symmetry mapping doing too much error checking
2. added texture output Format. You can output to .bmp .tga .tif .jpg
3. Added Object Baking.
4. Moved Texture Atlas from the Edit tab to the Bake Tab
5. Updated Uniform Mapping to work on Face Selection. It is no longer limited to Object selection
6. Updated Straighten UV's to work better with objects with Multiple UV Shells.
7. Added a preview to the Texture Baking.

Ninja_Mesh 2.3
1. Added Mesh Optimization Tools. It's located in the mesh tab
2. Fixed issues with Create Tube when using a line.
3. Added Extrude Edge Along curve. It's located in the spline tab
4. Added Duplicate Betweeen. This will array objects in a line between 2 objects. This is located under the copy tab under the Duplicate on Curve section
5. Added more error checking to [Deform To Curve]
6. Added Follow Axis and Up axis to Duplicate Along Curve.

available on Creative Crash and the Ninja Dojo Page

03 March 2012
4.5 upload fix

It has come to my attention that the zip file for Ninja Dojo 4.5 on the Ninja Dojo Page was corrupt. I have re-uploaded the file and it seems to work.

Sorry for the inconvience

04 April 2012
Hi Brian,

Just wondered why Ninja Dojo Black Belt is v4.4 and not v4.5 ?
But appears to be the same update in terms of date.

04 April 2012
Originally Posted by RagingBull: Hi Brian,

Just wondered why Ninja Dojo Black Belt is v4.4 and not v4.5 ?
But appears to be the same update in terms of date.

the link links to the 4.5zip file. The link name was incorrect. It has been changed

04 April 2012
Strongly thinking about upgrading from Ninja UV to Grandmaster.

The main features I am interested in is the copy tools in Ninja Mesh.

Could you give me some info on how the Replace objects by name works? Currently I have been using Maya's select by name search box to search for barrel* and then using Maya's replace objects to replace them. Will your script make this a 1 button click so I dont have select all the objects I want to replace?

Thanks for any info

04 April 2012
Originally Posted by fghajhe: Strongly thinking about upgrading from Ninja UV to Grandmaster.

The main features I am interested in is the copy tools in Ninja Mesh.

Could you give me some info on how the Replace objects by name works? Currently I have been using Maya's select by name search box to search for barrel* and then using Maya's replace objects to replace them. Will your script make this a 1 button click so I dont have select all the objects I want to replace?

Thanks for any info

right now it doesn't do a search and replace.. but that sounds like a good feature to add.. gimme a couple days to add this. and actually i found a bug in the replace by name feature..

Actually it was much simpler then i thought.. I have it completed.. if you want to test it out you can email me at brian@bk3d.com.

Last edited by bk3d : 04 April 2012 at 07:40 PM.

04 April 2012
Ninja UDK

Im starting a script to export to UDK.

Here is a simple screen shot. I made this with Ninja City. I will be relasing this script when its more complete and more user friendly .

04 April 2012
Ok i just submitted a version of Ninja UDK to creative crash. give em a couple days to approve it.

a couple of buildings in UDK

Thread Closed share thread