The Sideshow- character - the_hand

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2003
The Sideshow- character - the_hand

I have some free time on my hands, thought I'll join in as well.

Introducing The Beast. Sold to the circus as a child out of superstition by his parents due to his beastly appearance, The Beast has no other name then The Beast. Brought up his entire life chained to a steel cage, the Beast knows nothing but human cruelty. Fully grown it stands more than 7 feet tall and weighs well over 1000 pounds.

09 September 2003
Oh, neat, looking good! By the way, I really enjoyed your Game Icon... Will be interesting to see where this one goes.

xenomata

Be indiscreet - do it continuously.

09 September 2003
Y E Z Z ! ! !

B-movie

09 September 2003
Well, don't take it bad Marc, I love the model so far, but I really don't find the idea original : it's just a big dude, nothing as imaginative as some other concepts (sasquatch, oz,...) You could find a better idea and still keeping what you have done so far. Anyway, I like the head.

09 September 2003

Joebount- I appreciate the sentiments. Its so hard to come up with original ideas this days anyway. My personal objective for this challenge is to try to evoke a feeling from the audience with the final image that I've already have in mind. Stay tuned for further updates, its still too early to make up your mind since its only the head.

09 September 2003
great work, that head is looking really good...seems like he's going to be too heavy 1000pounds! also i think the ears are a little flat...

reminds of this guy.
Bubba

Last edited by stallion151 : 09 September 2003 at 08:14 AM.

09 September 2003

stallion151- part of it is probably due to the simple lighting setup I have, so its difficult to see some of the details and ridges in the ears. But I'll still go back and tweak the ears some.

09 September 2003
H U G E !

B-movie

09 September 2003

Latest update. Should start texturing phase next.

09 September 2003
Realy nice work.

But I don't think the legs suit him that well
A question of taste I guess.

09 September 2003
great stuff .. but i do kinda agree with the legs , right now looks like you tried to hurry them on , but i'm sure you are far from finished ... your work has a natural flow to it and i know in the end will look

oh .. and he needs a bigger "package"

09 September 2003
Amazing model, love the arms! But, yeah they're right about the legs. The distance between the belly and where the legs begin should be bigger. Hehe in other words, yeah, bigger package!

Goodmotion - Post production & animation

09 September 2003
Really a massive model......u are damn quix!!ARGH!.....

B-movie

09 September 2003
damn ... what a monster ... he make me fear ... great model and very fast there is a little bit work on the leg and the feets to small in my eyes

09 September 2003
Massive!

The legs, yes, it looks somehow like they have been squashed along the Y-axis... So, it would be pretty easy to fix then

xenomata

Be indiscreet - do it continuously.

share thread