Autodesk 3ds Max 2012 available...

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2011
Autodesk 3ds Max 2012 available...

...for download, as seen in my Subscription Center.

Just wanted you to know that.

cheers
toby

04 April 2011
Downloading as I write this post. its 3.09GB single file without sample disc, this time around.

04 April 2011
Great! 11 minutes to go

04 April 2011
By the use of a download manager, I got it downloaded in about 40mins...quite fast. I guess, dl-speed will decrease in a couple of hours.

cheers,
toby

04 April 2011
Thanks for the heads up!

04 April 2011
If anyone can check whether sss materals and rounded corners work in Iray it'll be much appreciated.

04 April 2011
Woohoo! 10 minutes to go!

04 April 2011
just been testing - got it to bomb already - opening an Max 09 file.

Viewport is fast, but have strange z sorting issues on some scenes, and frame rate goes from 60fps to .09fps then back up again. Could be a driver issue though, so will update.

04 April 2011
just loaded the same scene into Max 2011, no crash, so file not corrupt.

Loading the scene into will crash 2012 everytime, looks like I've found quite a nasty bug. Submitted report anyway so they can check it out.

Does this mean I get a badge for first major bug on release? or maybe a t-shirt?

04 April 2011
For those who are normally getting a boxed version and are looking for their serial/product key you can find them here:

subscription center -> contract administration -> coverage report -> click on your contract in the popup and the serial / product key is listed in the lower part of the screen. (took me a whiel to figure that out )

The installer looks slick, only the girl on the space bike has her hand dangerously close to the spinning turbo fan.. if I'll run into any other important issues I'll post them too

04 April 2011
Originally Posted by Clanger: If anyone can check whether sss materals and rounded corners work in Iray it'll be much appreciated.
No, neither option is compatible with iray at this time.

04 April 2011
hmmm, I'm having trouble finding old Max 2009 files that won't bomb 2012 - this is a bigger problem than I thought.

So far tested 5 files, all of them load into Max 2011, all of them bomb Max 2012. No plugins used in these files either.

04 April 2011
Originally Posted by JoeBananas: hmmm, I'm having trouble finding old Max 2009 files that won't bomb 2012 - this is a bigger problem than I thought.

So far tested 5 files, all of them load into Max 2011, all of them bomb Max 2012. No plugins used in these files either.

have you tried to import them with merge ? this way you may find if this is caused by a specific type of objects like lights or camera...

04 April 2011
Since I skipped 2010 and 2011 I'll be loading mostly 2009 files, wonder if I have to skip 2012 as well?

Anything special about your files (CAT, custom attributes etc.)? What happens if you resave those files in 2011 and open in 2012?

Originally Posted by JoeBananas: hmmm, I'm having trouble finding old Max 2009 files that won't bomb 2012 - this is a bigger problem than I thought.

04 April 2011
Originally Posted by JeffPatton: No, neither option is compatible with iray at this time.

That's a disappointment but thanks for trying.

Thread Closed share thread