Old 06-01-2010, 08:43 AM   #16
Kel Solaar
CG Addicted

Thomas Mansencal
Weta Digital
New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by noboundariez
thanks heaps!! been waiting like this since Modo released its photo based environments package for Modo users. am sure you already checked their sites? http://www.luxology.com/store/hdre01_urban/

In fact Gwynne Reddick did the Smart Ibl loader for Modo and got hired by Luxology
We have planned integrating plates also in the Ibl sets a while ago, but we didn't had time yet to implement it.

KS

Old 06-05-2010, 04:15 PM   #17
Kel Solaar
CG Addicted

Thomas Mansencal
Weta Digital
New Zealand

Hey

sIBL_GUI 3.0.7 is out with some enhancements and bug fixes

Some interesting features of this release are new command line parameters.
I also modified the way I was accessing to the db with multiple threads, it should bring more stability.

Here is the complete change log :

sIBL_GUI - 3.0.7 :
  • Standard Output and Standard Errors messages are redirected to the Logging Window.
  • sIBL_GUI creates one session per thread for SQLite database access thus increasing application stability.
  • Thumbnails size preference is restored on application start.
  • Each component has its own section in the preferences file, resulting in a better and stronger file structure. ( You will will need to reconfigure components preferences ).
  • Session geometry is always restored on application start ignoring the state of the "Restore Geometry On Layout Change" preferences option.
  • Fixed "setsScanner" component regular expressions, it can now process paths with non alphanumerical characters ( "C:/Program Files (x86)/" ).
  • Fixed walkers arguments regular expressions so that they search for correct files extensions.
  • Added "-o / --loaderScriptsOutputDirectory" command line parameter allowing user to specify loader scripts output directory.
  • Added "-r / --databaseReadOnly" command line parameter that disable database edition methods.
  • Added "-d / --databaseDirectory" command line parameter allowing user to specify the database directory.
  • Added "-u / --userApplicationDatasDirectory" command line parameter allowing user to specify application datas directory ( Preferences directory ).

I started a FAQ that I'll finish a bit later this weekend so that it features last remaining important informations here : http://www.hdrlabs.com/cgi-bin/foru...?num=1271612491

KS

Last edited by Kel Solaar : 07-05-2010 at 09:15 PM.

Old 06-13-2010, 08:19 PM   #18
Kel Solaar
CG Addicted

Thomas Mansencal
Weta Digital
New Zealand

Hi o/

sIBL_GUI 3.0.8 is out !

The application should not crash anymore when loading corrupted Ibl Sets or Templates.

sIBL_GUI is now natively built on Windows 7, it should fix the slowdown issues on startup.

I implemented dragNdrop in the three major database components, meaning that you can directly drag Folders, Templates and Ibls Sets into the application.

Here is the full Change Log :

sIBL_GUI - 3.0.8 :
  • sIBL_GUI For Windows now is natively built on Windows 7, this should fix the slow startup issues reported on Windows Vista / 7.
  • Implemented dragNdrop in various components ( Network paths are currently not supported on Windows Vista / 7 ) :
    • Database Browser Component : You can dragNdrop Ibl Sets folders or Ibl Sets files directly from the Os.
    • Collections Outliner Component : You can also dragNdrop folders or Ibl Sets files directly from the Os.
    • Templates Outliner Component : You can dragNdrop Templates folders or Templates files directly from the Os.
  • Made the code stronger when sIBL_GUI deals with corrupted Ibl / Templates Files.
  • Refactored portions of the exceptions handling code.

Have Fun o/

KS

Last edited by Kel Solaar : 06-13-2010 at 08:21 PM.

Old 06-14-2010, 12:46 PM   #19
3DMadness
Expert

portfolio
Flávio Andaló
Teacher
UFSC
Florianópolis, Brazil

Send a message via MSN to 3DMadness
Talking

Great job Thomas!

IBL have never been so easy as it is now! My students are loving it!

Old 06-14-2010, 01:31 PM   #20
metamesh
Expert

portfolio
Alex Huguet
lead Modeller, ILM
Vancouver, Canada

so what is this for exactly? looks very interesting, if I understood well you can now see the HDRI map in the viewport being much easier to orientate?
cheers

Old 06-14-2010, 01:44 PM   #21
Kel Solaar
CG Addicted

Thomas Mansencal
Weta Digital
New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DMadness
Great job Thomas!

IBL have never been so easy as it is now! My students are loving it!

Ahaha cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamesh
so what is this for exactly? looks very interesting, if I understood well you can now see the HDRI map in the viewport being much easier to orientate?
cheers

Not really, it's basically a one click lighting solution You need Smart Ibl Sets in order to use the tool. Once installed, using the tool is as easy as selecting an Ibl Set, choosing your renderer / 3d package and click "Send To Software", and if you want another lighting, you choose another set and so on

More informations here : http://smartibl.com/

PS : NZO should poke you at MPC just right now

KS

Old 06-17-2010, 09:22 PM   #22
Kel Solaar
CG Addicted

Thomas Mansencal
Weta Digital
New Zealand

Hi,

3dsMax VRay and Mental Ray have been merged / refactored with JHaywood code ( That's where Open Source rules ).
Now Mental Ray has its Shadow Catching Ground.
I also added mrSun light support, meaning you'll get those nice natural shadows.

Notice that you don't need to edit the production_max.mi anymore with 3dsMax 2011

Have Fun !

KS

Last edited by Kel Solaar : 06-17-2010 at 09:41 PM.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:14 PM   #23
Kel Solaar
CG Addicted

Thomas Mansencal
Weta Digital
New Zealand

Hello

I'm pleased to announce that sIBL_GUI 3.0.9 is released !

This version features an Internal Image Previewer ( Thanks to a lot of time spend optimizing Third Party Image format reading with FreeImage Library ).

Internal Image Previewer also means External Image Previewer or Editor : You can link whatever Image Viewer or Editor into the Preferences :

And that's where the magic happens linking together the HDRLabs Softwares family : you can launch Picturenaut to Preview and / or Edit your Ibl HDR files directly from sIBL_GUI :

It's now possible to edit Ibl Sets names directly from the Database Browser by double clicking them.
I also cleaned the code here and there, fixed some errors, a potential crash while dragging a huge amount of Ibl Sets from a Collection to another and some crashes on application exit.

Here is the full Change Log :

sIBL_GUI - 3.0.9 :
  • sIBL_GUI has now an Internal Image Previewer : You can quickly check your Ibl Sets images by right-clicking the Database Browser and use one of the new "Preview ..." context menu entry. It's also possible to use an External Viewer / Editor by assigning it in the Preferences. Picturenaut is obviously the way to go : "http://www.hdrlabs.com/picturenaut/index.html":http://www.hdrlabs.com/picturenaut/index.html
  • Refactored the way Third Party Images formats are loaded by using direct memory access and custom FreeImage library build : Third Party Images loading is now 10 to 20 times faster.*
  • Implemented Ibl Sets database display name edition : Double click an Ibl Set in the Database Browser to edit it's display name.*
  • "--databaseReadOnly" command line parameter properly disable Database Browser, Collections Outliner and Templates Outliner components dragNdrop capabilities and Collections Outliner component editing capabilities.
  • Fixed a code regression preventing "Templates Informations" widget display.*
  • Fixed a potential application crash when dragging multiples Ibl Sets from a Collection to another on Mac Os X.*
  • Worker Threads are properly terminated on application exit.*
  • Switched Darwin Installer to DropDmg application : Dmg icons are laid out correctly now.

Have Fun !

KS

Old 10-13-2010, 10:37 AM   #24
Kel Solaar
CG Addicted

Thomas Mansencal
Weta Digital
New Zealand

Hi,

Shameless repost from the Maya thread :

Not much updates on sIBL_GUI / Smart Ibl front mainly because I'm doing my Reel at the moment. However I have opened an Issues list on Github : http://github.com/KelSolaar/sIBL_GUI/issues so that you can post requests, issues etc and see what's pending. You need to be registered though, you can still post your problems here anyway and I'll push them to GitHub.

I have also released the first version of sIBL_Reporter which is a a tool that analyzes, reports informations and runs sanity checks on a provided Smart Ibl Sets Collection.
You can provide either ".zip" or Smart Ibl Sets folders for the analysis.

There is no Windows build right now ( only Darwin ), but I'll do one this week end. This tool will be useful for every one making Smart Ibl sets on their own.

The thread is here : http://www.hdrlabs.com/cgi-bin/foru...um=1286752342/2
and the Darwin build here : http://kelsolaar.hdrlabs.com/?dir=..../Darwin/Nightly

Cheers,

KS

Old 11-06-2010, 01:42 PM   #25
Kel Solaar
CG Addicted

Thomas Mansencal
Weta Digital
New Zealand

Hello,

Brainspoon ( HDRLabs Maya User) got a very good idea that got implemented in Maya Templates and now also in 3ds Max Templates : Ability for the Templates to trigger the execution of another script.

To do that I just added 4 function call in each templates, if the functions are defined, they will be executed otherwise nothing will happen.

From those 4 functions callbacks, 2 are pre process callbacks and executed before the Template execution and 2 are post process callbacks executed after the Template execution.

A set of pre / post callbacks is shared among the templates while the other set is specific to each template :
  • sIBL_3dsmax_preProcessCallback()
  • sIBL_3dsmax_VRay_preProcessCallback()
  • [... Template Sauce ...]
  • sIBL_3dsmax_postProcessCallback()
  • sIBL_3dsmax_VRay_postProcessCallback()

You basically just need to fill functions like that :

Code:
fn sIBL_3dsmax_preProcessCallback = () fn sIBL_3dsmax_postProcessCallback = ()

Cheers

KS

Last edited by Kel Solaar : 11-07-2010 at 03:37 PM.

Old 11-21-2010, 02:19 PM   #26
Kel Solaar
CG Addicted

Thomas Mansencal
Weta Digital
New Zealand

Hi,

Some users at HDRLabs asked so here it is :

3dsMax Scanline Template has been fully rewritten, it has Visual Feedback, etc ... Though no support for reflections for now since there is no gamma node available to do per texture adjustements.

Have Fun !

KS

Old 02-05-2011, 07:28 PM   #27
Kel Solaar
CG Addicted

Thomas Mansencal
Weta Digital
New Zealand

Hi !

Seven months and more than one hundred commits later the new sIBL_GUI release is born : sIBL_GUI 3.1.0. This is a long due maintenance release, nothing much visible in surface except for the Google Maps that have been replaced by Bing Maps ( Because of a breaking issue with latest Google Maps Api and Qt ). However a lot has been changed and improved under the hood, it should fix some of the remaining issues.

Here is the complete Change Log :

sIBL_GUI - 3.1.0 :
  • sIBL_GUI now uses Python 2.7.1, allowing usage of OrderedDict, Templates attributes are now displayed in correct order.
  • Replaced Google Maps by Bing Maps : Google Maps support is broken at the moment on Qt Webkit.
  • Added "--noSplashScreen" command line parameter allowing user to deactivate the splashscreen.
  • Added support for Templates enums : "lightType = @lightType | Area;Directional;Spot | Enum | Light Type".
  • Fixed an inconsistency related to the comments in the file parser.
  • Help files stored on network are now properly opened on Windows.
  • Modified Ibl Sets now refresh properly within the current session.
  • Added a new fancy splashscreen image thanks to Bob Groothuis.
  • Updated Windows icon.
  • Lots of code refactoring and updates.

Have fun and don't hesitate to contact me if you have issues, problems, etc

KS

Old 02-05-2011, 08:47 PM   #28
metamesh
Expert

portfolio
Alex Huguet
lead Modeller, ILM
Vancouver, Canada

Awesome! thanks for the update!! incredible tool

Old 02-05-2011, 10:57 PM   #29
Kel Solaar
CG Addicted

Thomas Mansencal
Weta Digital
New Zealand

Hi Alex !

Thank you Glad you like it ^^

KS

Old 02-05-2011, 11:23 PM   #30
3dtutorial
Lord of the posts
Company Director

You have no idea how much I love this tool...it is simply awesome.

Thanks for all your hard and and effort. Trust me, it is appreciated.

Cheers,

Joe

Certified Softimage Instructor
Ask about our 3D Scanning Services!

Meshmasters.com

reply share thread