Question about roulette animation.

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

2 Weeks Ago
i'll look at your mesh tomorrow...could be because yours is spinning TOO fast...have you enabled Use High Velocities ?

2 Weeks Ago
I was set the high Velocities active but I don't know why it's not working,
and strange thing is I couldn't constraint my new wheel's part to the point helper, (I tried open a new file and just use simple box but still the same...)
Will be appreciate if u have time tmr

2 Weeks Ago
hmm...looking at your scene now...the problem is you have Use Ground Collisions on....that is an invisible ground plane hence the ball is floating....disable it on the 1st tab

2 Weeks Ago
here's the fixed version, I used the earlier file.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvgNse7E8aaygxeggiqj3AeYoJB1

There is no need to have massFX on the numbers/Text so I've turned it off.

I also upped the angle on the outer rim cos it was too flat and the ball might not roll down...but it's up to you with mods, also I raised it a bit as might get stuck on the middle ridge. Disable my Edit Poly to see. Remember, any mods you make, must Generate again in Physical Mesh Params

2 Weeks Ago
Hi Vusta,

I see the model, thank you so much for fix it, I'm trying to build a new one and follow ur rules.
Can I ask you about the Ground Collisions? not about the model, but I want to understand,
so, for example, if the model don't need a ground in the scenes, usually can set it as don't use is that right?
Thank you again for helping me solve the problem.
Cheers

Limi

2 Weeks Ago
by default if you just drop down a bunch of balls from high up....massFX is just being nice and saves you from creating the ground yourself...so it
creates an invisible one for you, at Z=0...which I think is counter intuitive.....It SHOULD display some sort of proxy so that the user would immediately tweak to the fact that .....hey, it's bouncing on that proxy ground.

But now you have your own colliders, the roulette wheel, if that happens to be below the ground.........which is INVISIBLE....boy oh boy....could be a real time waster as you've found out....

If your roulette wheel was high above 0, then you wouldn't have ran into the problem.

2 Weeks Ago
Ahha I got it, so it's means if in the scene I have some objects above the ground and some below the ground( maybe ant colony for example), I should not to use the Ground Collisions but give the object a static rigid instead?
p.s If u visit Taiwan please let me but u a cup of nice tea. (or if u like beer, but for what I knew, Aus has nice larger and sider.
p.s 2, do u have IG i can follow or ur own website or channel?
Thanks a lot. Cheers.

Limi

2 Weeks Ago
well if you DO need a ground plane for collision at Z=0...then simply use the default INVISIBLE one...

if you don't need a ground then disable it...it's imply just a planar collider at Z=0 (or you can adjust the Ground Height to whatever)

no I don't have a channel, except I post various videos....not that I want to...but because I have to 'explain' to ppl how to use my MCGs...if you search for MCG on scriptspot...you'll soon find you have to watch them videos to know how to use the tools...

Goodluck and yeah...if I'm ever down your way...a cup of green tea would be nice...(to wash down the Fat Roosters?)

2 Weeks Ago
wow scripts is totally different level!
hopefully one day I'll know how to use them.
And for sure I'll find nice green tea on the list for ur visit.

reply share thread