And Now More Joy -- Final Render is Rental Only!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

09 September 2017
I'm probably the oddball, but maybe that's why we're not getting each other.

I hate renting software...you don't seem to believe that but it's true.

If Sidefx dropped Indie I would buy the full license. Right now I am on Indie, and have come to love Houdini enough that if there was no Indie, I would go full. But as I've stressed, they have (for now) given me a CHOICE and despite hating FORCED rental, it would be stupid with my company size to not take that option.

Maybe you're right in that I wasn't specific enough. I hate rental when I'm forced to rent. I thought that was obvious but maybe not....I don't hate hamburgers but I'd hate if my favorite pizza place went Hamburgers Only

Behind it all, though, part of it is also that right now I TRUST Sidefx not to screw me over. That trust does not extend to Autodesk. And it does not extend to anyone who REMOVES options.

09 September 2017

If Sidefx dropped Indie I would buy the full license. Right now I am on Indie, and have come to love Houdini enough that if there was no Indie, I would go full. But as I've stressed, they have (for now) given me a CHOICE and despite hating FORCED rental, it would be stupid with my company size to not take that option.

Maybe you're right in that I wasn't specific enough. I hate rental when I'm forced to rent. I thought that was obvious but maybe not....I don't hate hamburgers but I'd hate if my favorite pizza place went Hamburgers Only

Behind it all, though, part of it is also that right now I TRUST Sidefx not to screw me over. That trust does not extend to Autodesk. And it does not extend to anyone who REMOVES options.

09 September 2017

09 September 2017

09 September 2017

09 September 2017

09 September 2017

09 September 2017

09 September 2017
Great Scott that's a lot of posts.

10 October 2017
Is there an echo in here!?

reply share thread