MaxStartUI.clrx Problem

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2013   #1
MaxStartUI.clrx Problem

Hi guys,

I've been having a problem with 3ds overwriting my gridline colour so I decided to make MaxStartUI.clrx read-only. The colour is no longer overwritten but many times (not always) when I exit I get a dialog saying it can't write MaxStartUI.clrx, it's kind of annoying.

I was wondering why is it writing that file to begin with, especially since I never change the colours. If I can figure out that maybe it won't change the gridlines and I don't have to keep it read-only.

Thanks.

Old 09 September 2013   #2
Uncheck this option, I think that'll do the trick.

I just survived an 8.8 earthquake, that experience I'll take it to my grave.

Old 09 September 2013   #3
I would'nt recommend to disable this option, even the slightest ui change would'nt get saved than ( keybpoard shortcut etc...). Of course when you have the habit to always save the changes back to the startup ui files manually that would work...

Regarding the grid color bug:
It's a glitch in max there since 3 or even 4 releases:
As soon as you change ANY color value, your grid color gets reset. I trained the habit to manually edit the .clrx files after that happens. It'S plain XML, so to some degree readable...

PowerPreview: High Quality Nitrous Previews for 3ds Max 2012|2013|2014

[ Free Download (ScriptSpot) ]

Home of The Frogs | Online Portfolio

Last edited by spacefrog : 09 September 2013 at 03:47 PM.

Old 09 September 2013   #4
You're absolutely right spacefrog, but I Think he can try it, just one time to see if that the command trying to write the file.

I just survived an 8.8 earthquake, that experience I'll take it to my grave.

Old 09 September 2013   #5
Thanks for the help guys. I thought I was the only one with the grid colour problem. I had to manually edit the MaxStartUI.clrx file to get the colour I wanted, then it kept getting overwritten. I did what Hooch recommended and I'm pretty happy. After I setup my wokspace I never really change anything, if I do I'll check it, let it save, manually edit the file again, then uncheck. I wish they would just fix it once and for all.

Old 09 September 2013   #6
Ugh, even with Save UI Configuration on Exit unchecked it's still trying to save it sometimes.

Old 09 September 2013   #7
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread