Thanks for the memories

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2013   #16
It was great meeting you in person and being able to share incite from a user perspective with you.

Happy sailing to you and your family on your voyage

-Eric

Old 08 August 2013   #17
Be well Ken, your efforts and communications were appreciated. We'll miss you.

Old 08 August 2013   #18
It was a great time and honor, you were just a such great and pro-communicative 3ds Max PM.
Thanks for all of that and i wish you all the best for all your future adventures.

to wave farewell, here's a nice old fashioned piece of german music that fits the mood and your sailing endevours. The songtext even transports a fitting message )

PowerPreview: High Quality Nitrous Previews for 3ds Max 2012|2013|2014

[ Free Download (ScriptSpot) ]

Home of The Frogs | Online Portfolio

Old 08 August 2013   #19
Thanks Ken and good luck with what ever you end up doing.

Old 08 August 2013   #20
Thanks for everything!

Particularly thanks for letting us know that there was someone alive behind the magic curtain. It seemd before you had come to visit the forums that any user interfacing with any behind the scenes with max was merely myth or lore. Thanks for opening that door for us.

Many happy sunsets! If you are not already, I expect you to be a seasoned tier of knots and finder of treasure before too long

Old 08 August 2013   #21
good luck.

Old 08 August 2013   #22
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpimentel
... I'll miss the conversations.

Why on earth should you... this is a free forum... you are a free person with an open mind...
i wellcome and beg you to still participate in our discussions.
Your experience in leading a development team still can help up and coming programmers to go in one or the other direction. Even if you will be no longer an employee at autodesk you have the right to comment their further steps. Perhaps not now the next 12 month's. but perhaps in a near future yoe could add your 5 cents to our bill ...!

But of you decide to do not..... i wish you a tight grip on the rudder and have always a "stiff breeze" in your spinnaker! .. So long captain... make it so!

Old 08 August 2013   #23
Thanks for all the positive vibes. I recognize a lot of handles & faces from over the years.

If I do continue to post, I'll just have to be careful as I do know the details of why things are the way they are. They did have me sign an agreement about divulging any of these details. I'm not eager to betray them, I have no hard feelings about leaving, just disappointment about some of the decision making.

Given enough time (and enough dark & stormies - a sailors drink), perhaps I'll come clean...

Old 08 August 2013   #24
Thanks for everything Ken.

Your time as Max PM has been one of the best I could remember, thanks!

Cheers.

Old 08 August 2013   #25
Ken.... mate you're going to be seriously missed and the max testers will be shocked by your departure. I wish you all the best for the future and thank you for all the work you put into max.

Old 08 August 2013   #26
Thanks for your work Ken and good luck / safe sailing.

Old 08 August 2013   #27
Thanks for everything, Ken. You did a great job of communicating with the users and really pushed the boundaries of what was allowed to try and keep us in the loop. It was greatly appreciated and will be sorely missed. Best of luck with all of your future endeavors.

Old 08 August 2013   #28
All the best Ken. Take care!

Old 08 August 2013   #29
I really look forward to the day all of the NDAs you have signed finally expire

Old 08 August 2013   #30
good luck Ken, and thanks for being the person whom we could complain and talk to, I know your job facing so many users most of them annoyed at autodesk musn't have been easy, so thanks for being there for the users!

Thread Closed share thread